Outdoor Xmas Lights

rwking75

I had a dilemma going into this holiday and that was with hanging Xmas lights. Traditionally, I use warm white C9s that wrap around the whole house, going for that Home Alone house vibe. I get all of the peaks and easements as well since my home is a corner lot and over 3/4 of it is visible to all neighbors. But with the 2 storms FL got hit with in 2022, we had to get a new roof. The typical single hooks that slide under the front shingle were no longer an option.

I settled for these cheaper clips that I was able to mostly secure on the soffit but def not as straight and secure as the shingle hooks. Had a very hard time putting them up because of this thing called "gravity". Had to use nails in places that I did not want to.

So I've been seeing the Govee Permanent Outlook Lights for a few months and seriously considering these. But unsure about them since they stick up with 3M strips. No matter how "permanent" something is advertised, these things should have an asterisk next to them "does not apply to Florida". But I've always like Govee products, was thinking about waiting a year and seeing people's review after the 1st year.

Does anyone have any experience with this product? I would need 3 150' kits in order to get this completely around my house and this would've been a $1000 expense I just wasn't willing to spend this year. 

image.thumb.png.e9d0ed519355eedcb31bb792140c6567.png

Is your soffit metal or wood? If you're going to put something like this up you could always use the u clips that have a screw on either side. This will really help hold it all where it needs to be. Even if the u clip is a little too big you can use some clear rubber in it to build it up. I've seen the clips in clear many times also so you shouldn't really see them. I'm with you though I wouldn't trust 3M double sided tape to be a long term hold especially with the rain and humidity in FL.

Wood Soffit. Good to know about the U Clips. However, Im a little more concerned about the longevity of these lights. I know LEDs are supposed to last forever, but I'm a little more skeptical since I seem to need to replace the LED Can lights in my kitchen at least once a year. 

You could look at something like Holiday Coro, they are pricier BUT they are a LOT better quality. Normally after the New Year they do a big sale, if you sign up for their newsletter they will let you know when the sale is. You will need a controller for their stuff as the good stuff is all pixel based so you can control each light on it's own. I'm going to use some of their stuff to build our next big light display.