Costco - HP Laptop

brian

Anyone got the laptop at Costco for $999. I defty feel it is a good deal model DV5237.The only thing i found was there no original CD's inside the box. Not sure if HP ships that way. Returned one box and got a new one..still no original CD's...any thoughts? anyone got this product from costco and having the same issue?

Thanks

Brian

Rossman:

Thanks for the reply.I was about to return this to the store again to report the missing CD's. OK so if we call HP then would they ship the CD's?

I wouldn't return it. HP will probably send you those CD's but it may cost you $10 - $15.

Before you contact HP Support I would search NotebookForums.com for posts regarding OS CD's.

yes HP WILL CHARGE YOU!

One of the reasons I look to other brands if I can, they even go as far as to charge for a copy of your owners manual.

Most computer manufacturers don't include cd's anymore, if they do it is just a ghost image of the hdd.

It is a lot cheaper for them to buy 1 copy of windows and 10,000 licenses, than 10,000 copies of windows. Then they have to pay more if they are including the cd (Bill gates is no dummy!:smart: )

other than the charging for cables/cd's/manuals etc. they are the company with the fewest complaints that I've heard, I fix pc's and hp is the least seen brand.

(the most broken brands...Any with the big thumb screws holding the side on, too easy for people to get in and poke things with a screwdriver:yup: )