Secret Santa 2022 Official Discussion Thread

Bopeep

We didn’t get hit as hard as I thought we would. But up north friends and family have close to 2 feet!

Sorry about that Kash I forgot about you! Must have been that 2' wall of snow around you!

::Singing:: "In the bleak midwinter, Frosty winds made moan... Snow had fallen snow on snow. Snow on snow....."

• Like 2

Merry Christmas Santas!  Thank you all again for a wonderful season. I'm already looking forward to next year!

Here's the list of Santas and their recipients:

Coastiwife         gave to   Reinholt1sMom

Sunni0913        gave to   Coastiwife

HanShotFirst    gave to   Reinholt1

gatorburg          gave to   BFAddict716

BFAddict716    gave to    ilikefree

msyves             gave to   Illinoismom

Bopeep             gave to   jstluvem

setlok73            gave to   gatorburg

Kash                 gave to   Bopeep

tyreejames       gave to    jesusluvu

wittenlover        gave to   setlok73

ilikefree             gave to   Spice9195

Spice9195        gave to   Sunni0913

ytmomof4          gave to   tyreejames

Illinoismom        gave to   HanShotFirst

jstluvem             gave to   Kash

tracy0504          gave to   msyves

jesusluvu           gave to   tracy0504

Reinholt1           gave to   wittenlover

Reinholt1sMom gave to   ytmomof4

And the ornament exchange:

Kash              gave to   BFAddict716

Sunni0913     gave to   Bopeep

msyves          gave to   Coastiwife

BFAddict716  gave to   jesusluvu

jesusluvu        gave to  jstluvem

BoPeep         gave to   ytmomof4

jstluvem         gave to   msyves

Coastiwife      gave to   Sunni0913

ytmomof4       gave to   Kash

Edited by Bopeep
  • Like 6

Sorry about that Kash I forgot about you! Must have been that 2' wall of snow around you!

::Singing:: "In the bleak midwinter, Frosty winds made moan... Snow had fallen snow on snow. Snow on snow....."

Lol [emoji23]

Merry Christmas [emoji319][emoji320] everyone!!

• Like 1

Wittenlover wrote: Kitties are already trying to break into the treats

Annnnd… Scratch off is a $2 winner! (Since I’m in MI, too, I can cash it in myself.)

Let me know how those lazy cats like chasing that laser light! My cats love it.

Congratulations on the $2 winner! I think you were the only winner this year.

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 2

Finally had a quiet moment to open my Christmas gifts! Holy cow HanShotFirst! You really outdid yourself! Thank you so much! You are very generous! I received Reese's peanut butter cup candies, a Tigger squishmallow, Buzzlightyear DVD -- something I've been wanting to watch! A Chipotle gift card. Cat treats and cat footies -- that my mother has already claimed. LOL!

Sadly, true to my nature,. I am equally excited about the reusable mylar gift bags they came in. Very cool! I will save them and reuse them.

post-2167-0-41023900-1672098944_thumb.jpg

post-2167-0-45684100-1672099094_thumb.jpg

post-2167-0-04616300-1672099146_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

And as an update to Coastiwife!!...

It's gone! It's all gone! The coffee cakes! The candies! Gone! All gone! When I left mom, she had one lone coffee cake left from those four boxes.

But you made a 92-year-old woman very happy!!

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 4

It's gone! It's all gone! The coffee cakes! The candies! Gone! All gone! When I left mom, she had one lone coffee cake left from those four boxes.

I’m so happy I could bring her some Christmas joy!! She was fun to buy for

• Like 1

84ebe39e38155702dcc88943cc986d5b.jpg

Thank you so much jesusluvu!!!! This Christmas has definitely been different!!!! I live in WNY (yup, THAT city [emoji23]) and we were hit with that big storm!!!! I was literally stuck in my house by myself since the Friday before Christmas and not able to spend time with family or my kids… my daughter along with a neighbor’s son finally shoveled me out after the driving ban was lifted yesterday!!!! Annnnd this weekend is supposed to be Spring like weather [emoji19] (snow already melting)…

It’s never about the gifts under the tree for me… But I’m grateful for the gift of life! I’m safe, my children/family were safe, I never lost power and had heat and plenty of food so I made my Christmas dinner and ate it while watching movies (I froze some for my son and his wife until they can get to me)…my daughter’s power went out, but she was safe in a house with power, heat and food… my boys were safe as well… I still have a ton of gifts under my tree, but I can celebrate Christmas anytime!!!!

• Like 8

Thank you so much jesusluvu!!!! This Christmas has definitely been different!!!! I live in WNY (yup, THAT city [emoji23]) and we were hit with that big storm!!!! I was literally stuck in my house by myself since the Friday before Christmas and not able to spend time with family or my kids… my daughter along with a neighbor’s son finally shoveled me out after the driving ban was lifted yesterday!!!! Annnnd this weekend is supposed to be Spring like weather [emoji19] (snow already melting)…

It’s never about the gifts under the tree for me… But I’m grateful for the gift of life! I’m safe, my children/family were safe, I never lost power and had heat and plenty of food so I made my Christmas dinner and ate it while watching movies (I froze some for my son and his wife until they can get to me)…my daughter’s power went out, but she was safe in a house with power, heat and food… my boys were safe as well… I still have a ton of gifts under my tree, but I can celebrate Christmas anytime!!!!

Oh no! I’m so glad every one is safe and sound though! You are absolutely right that Christmas can be celebrated anytime! Hopefully you get to do that this weekend if that mountain of snow is finally meting! 

• Like 2

84ebe39e38155702dcc88943cc986d5b.jpg

Wow.... I am so glad you are safe and everyone else as well. I tell people all the time that Christmas is what and WHEN you make it. So it may not be on the 25th or even in December. I am just thankful that you made it through. 

• Like 2

Oh no! I’m so glad every one is safe and sound though! You are absolutely right that Christmas can be celebrated anytime! Hopefully you get to do that this weekend if that mountain of snow is finally meting!

The snow is melting and it’s like 47 and raining today… we will definitely celebrate soon!!!!

• Like 3

Wow.... I am so glad you are safe and everyone else as well. I tell people all the time that Christmas is what and WHEN you make it. So it may not be on the 25th or even in December. I am just thankful that you made it through.

Yes!!!! Thank you so much!!!! I had to tell my daughter that same thing because she was so upset on Christmas Eve when she woke up and reality hit that we would not be spending Christmas Eve or day with each other, no exchanging gifts, no potluck and secret Santa with the family… sadly, lives were lost during this storm, but we were alive and could get together WHENEVER… and I forgot to add, your gift was the only gift I had to open on Christmas morning!!!! I was so excited and I love everything!!!! Thank you for being a part of this group and participating in Secret Santa!!!! Edited by tracy0504
  • Like 2

Due to the storm and mail not being delivered for several days, I received my last Christmas Card this past Thursday and I hung it up to enjoy with the rest of the cards!!!! Thank you, Bopeep for keeping this going ever year!!!! Some of us are presented with challenges around the holidays, but each year we manage to bring a smile to someone that we’ve never met and may never meet offline!!!! So thank you to everyone that participates each year!!!!
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...