Toys R Us Clearance?

mf47960

They have some deals at mine, nothing really spectacular yet....I usually wait till it goes 90% off though :)

They had lots of stuff up front and through out the store with red stickers

Magic of pegasus kelly pony riders were $5-6 I think

Some Big GI Joes were $3

Lord of the rings dvd trivial pursuit $10

Just odds and ends nothing really memorable, going on my once a week trip over there may have more to list tommorrow ;)

I was in Florida and that RRU has a ton of stuff on clearance all over the store. Items on the shelves were anywhere from 30-50% off. Then they had bins in the isles with greater clearanced items. Most of the summer stuff was marked down, some school learning books were 50% off. And then they had a big wall of clearance items. I don't get their way or marking it down because some were a big % off, while others were a tiny bit. Not their great 90% off stuff, but some good stuff marked down!

My sister picked up the Read With Me DVD system for $18 or so last week at TRU, and one of the extra "books" for it for just under $8. The system was selling for $35 or $40 at Christmas. She also picked up another game for my niece's InteracTV for $4.98 (usually $15 or $20). They had two rows of them, but my niece already had most of them.

I checked out the Barbie stuff, and they had some Fashion Fever stuff marked down, but I got 2 dolls before that at Target for under $4 each, so it wasn't that great of a deal to me. They also had some Fairytopia dress up sets for $8.50 or so, but we got a Mermaidia one at Target for $2.48.

I didn't really look around at anything else.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, TRU worker here. The 90% you are talking about was our green tag program. We have stopped doing that. We are now doing the red tag program ( Big Toy Blowout). They have made mention that they might do an additional 50% off the red sticker but that will probably be it. They have not said when or which stores will have it. On the clearance clothes they might do it again but not sure when. Just a heads up.

• 1 month later...

I went to our TRU Tuesday (West Dundee IL)...they had a alot of clearance at our store!!!

~Barbie Myscene, playsets....doll, clothing, and carry case, for $4.96!!!!

~Yahtezz Jr...Yugioh/pokemon which scanned at $1.48

~Barbie Disney repuntzell (sp?) castle for $4.99.

Alot more girl and baby stuff than boys...and I need boys stuff..LOL

Still really nothing that good....I seriously am mourning the loss of green tags :(

Though I did pick up a few good things, early stocking stuffers

2 mp3 speaker cases @ $7 orgin. $20ish

and then with the $5 of a purchase of $25 or more I went ahead and picked up a colby 128mb mp3 to walk the dog with usually $15 for $10 with my coupon.....a nice lil pm3 player that I won't mind if it breaks/gets chewed on/stolen