Favorite BF Missed Stores and Memories

Kanyon71

Reading through the posts here reminded me of some good memories that I had forgotten about -- compusa, circuit city, frye's, mervyn's. Used to go to Kmart on Thanksgiving day too, they always had the Thursday sale, then the store shut down and you had to come back early Friday for more deals.
  • Like 1

I miss Bon-Ton and K-mart. I loved the Bon-Ton $10 off coupon in the ad and the hunt to find something it applied too! I got a lot of great household items over the years with it that I still use today.

I loved hitting K-Mart Thanksgiving morning before Thanksgiving Day shopping was a thing. I never got a lot but felt like it was my Black Friday Kickoff.

I also miss having local Office Max stores. I always get the battery deals and while they still offer it online it's just not the same.

For sure Kmart on Thanksgiving morning!!!! Waiting in line freezing at like 4 am or the store opening at 4 I can’t remember which [emoji23]... some of the big ticket items were often still on the truck that never made it to the store yet [emoji849] but those $1 Christmas socks as well as the buy 1 get 1 50% off pjs were always on my list... I usually had a cart full of gifts by the time I was through and would head to layaway for most of my items and then check out lanes for the socks and any food items...Then I’d be right back on BF morning for more deals and sometimes Saturday morning deals...

I really do miss the days where GD got the ads and the stores would get mad.  It was exciting to get an email from Brad saying he had a ad and your blood would be pumping as you looked in the ad and wished what you wanted was in there.  I also miss the camping and making friends.  Some dude on here years ago use to do a webcast and I miss that too.  

• Like 7

I really do miss the days where GD got the ads and the stores would get mad.  It was exciting to get an email from Brad saying he had a ad and your blood would be pumping as you looked in the ad and wished what you wanted was in there.  I also miss the camping and making friends.  Some dude on here years ago use to do a webcast and I miss that too.  

I miss those webcasts too.  Wonder whatever happened to that dude. :)

Glad to see you checking in!

Not really.......

Here is what happened.  

In 2015 I got into a serious relationship with a woman and it was going great.  She loved me for me.  Without giving many details out we were engaged to me married.  One of her close family members googled me and found all of the Black Friday stuff.  She convinced the woman I was going to marry that I was out for her money since I did Black Friday.  After that things got bad and we broke up.  I was devastated and it took me a long while to go over it.  So I focused on my business and BBQ.  As my time was being eaten up by growing my business I had little time to do other stuff like this, my stamp collection and such.  My business grew and grew.  For those who follow my business on the gram you know I travel a lot to film festivals and film events.  It was not until 2019 when I came on here and saw people missed me and what I did really meant a lot to them.  I felt bad. 

This year I took some meetings at a home office in a Northwest Arkansas town and several of the associates of said home office came up to me and asked if I was Big Jim Slade.  That is when I knew what I did and what Brad does here is very special.  I did tell them yes and they told me that they liked the webcast, the site and my thoughts on sales. 

As I said I did not know or realize how important the webcasts were and my thoughts were valued by everyone here.  So accept my apologies.  I have always been a behind the scenes guy and I loved helping Brad out since he is a great guy.  So I did not know how special the webcasts were.  I will be around if Brad wants me.   

On another note I am doing well.  Very healthy and happy.  Just need to find that special someone.

So that is the story.  Nothing sexy or anything like that.  

PS-- Thanks to everyone who reached out to me when the turkey company burned down last year.  

He done outgrew us.

• Like 1

Not really.......

Here is what happened.  

In 2015 I got into a serious relationship with a woman and it was going great.  She loved me for me.  Without giving many details out we were engaged to me married.  One of her close family members googled me and found all of the Black Friday stuff.  She convinced the woman I was going to marry that I was out for her money since I did Black Friday.  After that things got bad and we broke up.  I was devastated and it took me a long while to go over it.  So I focused on my business and BBQ.  As my time was being eaten up by growing my business I had little time to do other stuff like this, my stamp collection and such.  My business grew and grew.  For those who follow my business on the gram you know I travel a lot to film festivals and film events.  It was not until 2019 when I came on here and saw people missed me and what I did really meant a lot to them.  I felt bad. 

This year I took some meetings at a home office in a Northwest Arkansas town and several of the associates of said home office came up to me and asked if I was Big Jim Slade.  That is when I knew what I did and what Brad does here is very special.  I did tell them yes and they told me that they liked the webcast, the site and my thoughts on sales. 

As I said I did not know or realize how important the webcasts were and my thoughts were valued by everyone here.  So accept my apologies.  I have always been a behind the scenes guy and I loved helping Brad out since he is a great guy.  So I did not know how special the webcasts were.  I will be around if Brad wants me.   

On another note I am doing well.  Very healthy and happy.  Just need to find that special someone.

So that is the story.  Nothing sexy or anything like that.  

PS-- Thanks to everyone who reached out to me when the turkey company burned down last year.

Glad ur doing ok. :)

Not really.......

Here is what happened.

In 2015 I got into a serious relationship with a woman and it was going great. She loved me for me. Without giving many details out we were engaged to me married. One of her close family members googled me and found all of the Black Friday stuff. She convinced the woman I was going to marry that I was out for her money since I did Black Friday. After that things got bad and we broke up. I was devastated and it took me a long while to go over it. So I focused on my business and BBQ. As my time was being eaten up by growing my business I had little time to do other stuff like this, my stamp collection and such. My business grew and grew. For those who follow my business on the gram you know I travel a lot to film festivals and film events. It was not until 2019 when I came on here and saw people missed me and what I did really meant a lot to them. I felt bad.

This year I took some meetings at a home office in a Northwest Arkansas town and several of the associates of said home office came up to me and asked if I was Big Jim Slade. That is when I knew what I did and what Brad does here is very special. I did tell them yes and they told me that they liked the webcast, the site and my thoughts on sales.

As I said I did not know or realize how important the webcasts were and my thoughts were valued by everyone here. So accept my apologies. I have always been a behind the scenes guy and I loved helping Brad out since he is a great guy. So I did not know how special the webcasts were. I will be around if Brad wants me.

On another note I am doing well. Very healthy and happy. Just need to find that special someone.

So that is the story. Nothing sexy or anything like that.

As hard as it is to believe at some points you’re better off. That person wasn’t the one you were meant to be with. You will find the right one and then it will always be special. I found the wrong one previously now I’ve been with the right one for a long time. She makes even the bad times in life better.

I’m glad your business is doing so well, you much deserve it sir. Glad you’ve found your way back to the online “family”. Hope you are able to stick around.

What kind of BBQ? I’m into that big time. Got some friends in Texas who are building custom pits and one of them has a GREAT bbq rub or 3 lol.

I do all kinds of BBQ.  Been doing BBQ for about 15 years now.  I am in North Texas so I have access to everything.  I am a brisket and rib guy.  

I have a Trager Ironwood, PK 360 and a off set smoker.   

As hard as it is to believe at some points you’re better off. That person wasn’t the one you were meant to be with. You will find the right one and then it will always be special. I found the wrong one previously now I’ve been with the right one for a long time. She makes even the bad times in life better.

I’m glad your business is doing so well, you much deserve it sir. Glad you’ve found your way back to the online “family”. Hope you are able to stick around.

What kind of BBQ? I’m into that big time. Got some friends in Texas who are building custom pits and one of them has a GREAT bbq rub or 3 lol.

Would LOVE that.  I am willing to do it.  

Thanks for the kind words everyone.  

We'll definitely try to bring BJS back next year for a webcast or two when the big ads come out.

And hopefully he has actual exciting ads to talk about next year unlike the rather pathetic ones so far this year :)

I do all kinds of BBQ. Been doing BBQ for about 15 years now. I am in North Texas so I have access to everything. I am a brisket and rib guy.

I have a Trager Ironwood, PK 360 and a off set smoker.

Would LOVE that. I am willing to do it.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I’m picking up some brisket and pork this weekend. Been smoking a long time also. :)

I miss those days as well. I used to view these forums long before I was a registered user. I always used to print off the ads as soon as they were posted in case they got taken down.

• 2 weeks later...

I miss Sears, they would hand out gift certificates to the first 100 shoppers, always went there first 

Then on to JC penneys for the snow globe

Target at one time also gave out some swag to the first 100 shoppers back in the day.

Thanks for mentioning Sears.  I thought I was the only one.  I loved getting pjs for me and my mom there.