Staples Ad effective Sunday, Jul 9th - Saturday, Jul 15th Great Back To School Buys!!

ccarson1972

This is some of the great deals for next week.

2-pocket folder with or without fasteners #430579/430421

1¢ Limit 15 per customer. Offers valid in store only.

Staples® manual pencil sharpner #642388

1¢ Limit 3 per customer. While supplies last. Offers valid in store only.

Staples® yellow No. 2 pencils 12 pk. #476919

1¢ Limit 3 per customer. Offers valid in store only

Mead® Five-Star® Premier 3-subject notebook 150 sheets #300236

$1.49 Limit 5 per customer. Offers valid in store only.

Staples® 2-pocket poly portfolio with or without fasteners #634486/634484 20¢ Limit 5 per customer. Offers valid in store only.

1" or ½" flexible plastic 3-ring binder #509582/563453

25¢ Limit 4 per customer. Offers valid in store only.

http://staples.shoplocal.com/staplessneakpeek/Default.aspx?action=entry&storeid=2278969

got our staples stuff today. All 4 of us went. kids each got a basket and got to pay for themselves. great outing. Already applied for the rebate for the pens we got.

If anyone here is not a staples reward club member, I'd be thrilled if you'd mail me your barcode from the bottom of your receipt! I need to spend $200/quarter to get anything back... I prob don't spend 200 a year :D

I was there when they opened, but mainly because I needed to be at Target this am for the 50% off one spot stuff and they are in the same shopping center!!

There was LOTS of stuff at mine. I got all mine, looked at routers and calculators and then went to Kroger and remembered I forgot the refill for my Cross Pen so I went back and picked that up at Staples and some more pencils.

The 1 inch binders seemed really flimsy. I would rather pay an extra 25 cents and get a binder I can use for a few years.

I got the Flairs, the one cent items, and one Mead 3 subject notebook...since I had to buy the Flairs and wait for a refund, it came to about $10.75 with cash. Then, I was able to use my inkjet coupons so I only paid $1.34. If I get the money back for the Flairs, I actually ended up earning around $6-$7. (I am not sure how it will work out, but I don't care a whole lot, I really like those Flairs.

I'm excited!

What is a really good price to wait to purchase some looseleaf and a small pocket sized stapler?

Last year the loose leaf was around 15-19 cents a pack(Office Depot)--I think i got staplers for 39 cents at Walgreens with one of their coupon things--I did the same thing with the Flairs, but i'm giving them to my daughter--they will make great "Note" pens LOL

The binders are great for what my kids use them for--they put their music and drill in sheet protectors and then put them in these type of binders and roll them up and put them in their instrument cases or back pockets in my son's case LOL

Has anyone tried comping the staples ad at Walmart Yet?

Not here yet--Staples is actually easier to get to for me than WalMart ;) I don't think they'll match the pencils or sharpeners. They are Staples brand, but the rest, they might.

Has anyone tried comping the staples ad at Walmart Yet?

I went to Walmart today and I didn't try to price match anything based on the Staples brand name on some of the stuff. Walmart usually marks prices down to have a competitive price on items and I found nothing with prices as cheap as Staples. Walmart had .25¢ Crayola Crayons, .25¢ Elmers glue or glue sticks, .10¢ 70 sheet single subject notebooks, and .88¢ Crayola Markers10 pk.(original, not washable). Pencils were .50¢ for a 10 pack. I don't recall how much folders were or if they even had any.

At Walmart I just bought crayons, glue sticks, book covers(.68¢ each that fits any size book money back guranteed), the 10¢ notebooks, and scissors which I know will be cheaper before school starts, but I just wanted to get that one thing out of the way and if I find it cheaper, I'll price match it.

At Staples I bought 1¢ folders, 1¢ pencils, .25¢ plastic binders, 1¢ pencil sharpeners, Mead 3 subject notebooks for $1.49, and the $7.99 pens that are free after rebate and submitted my rebate online already.

The reason I asked about price matching is that we are an outreach ministry and we are doing a BACK to SCHOOL Bash mid August and I need school supplies for 500 Children. I plan to attempt to price match and also get to Staples if possible to get these items. I need 3000 pencils and pens, 500 boxes of crayon, 1500 70 page theme books, 1500 glue sticks and 1500 bottles of glue, 500 pairs of scissors, 1500 packs of 150 count notebook paper, 3000 folders with pockets, and 3000 folders with prongs, 500 packs of construction paper, 500 rulers, we plan to also give each child a pair of shoes, and two sets of clothing for school. So we are looking for great buys for these items also. So if you guys will help me keep a look out for good buys on these products I would greatly appreciate it. We are located in Dallas area and are planning this outreach for the southeast area of Dallas County.

Thanks Deborah Cook

Hi Deborah! Wow...you've got a lot of buying to do!

I'm a teacher and I have found that many stores are willing to give you some of the things that you need. Call all of the office supply stores, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc in your area and ask if they will donate ANY of these things in any quantity. If they say no ask them if there is a way for you to purchase more than the allowed amount stated in the ad. I do this every school year for something. Last year it was pocketed folders with prongs. The limit was 10 and they let me buy 300. Sometimes they will and sometimes they won't. It doesn't hurt to ask.

I'm a teacher and I have found that many stores are willing to give you some of the things that you need. Call all of the office supply stores, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, etc in your area and ask if they will donate ANY of these things in any quantity. If they say no ask them if there is a way for you to purchase more than the allowed amount stated in the ad. I do this every school year for something. Last year it was pocketed folders with prongs. The limit was 10 and they let me buy 300. Sometimes they will and sometimes they won't. It doesn't hurt to ask.

Very true! I over heard the manager allowing a teacher to do that this Sunday. I think that is great!

Teacher here too... well, administrator now but still living in "classroom" mode. :) I ALWAYS ask store managers to do away with the quantity limits for me (I buy stuff in lots of 100), and I haven't been told no yet.

Deborah - Walmart has been really good to my school as far as donating products, such as when we put together school supply bags for Hurricane Katrina evacuees. All it takes is a letter explaining what you're trying to do. When I go in tomorrow (that's what I HATE about administration - I have to actually work in the summer now :eyepoppin ) I'll see if I can get a contact address for you.