38" Guitar with Carrying Bag And Access - $46.44 SHIPPED @ Amazon

noehlp

38" Coffee Color Guitar with Carrying Bag And Accessories

NOW $34.95 Was $129.95

Shipping $11.49

$46.44 SHIPPED

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0007DGONM.01-A3C1OYEM4FMOSU._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V51481421_.jpg

Details

• Wood Frame
  • Length 38"
  • Steel Strings
  • Linden Binding and wood construction with geared tuning
  • Comes with an extra set of steel strings, pick, tuner, gig bag and strap

I would stay away from this guitar especially for a beginner. If I was a beginner I would spend another $50-$100 and get a real sized acoustic guitar. This is a classical styled guitar made in China I am sure which is not a bad thing since most are now days at the lower price range. I would look at an Epiphone or Yamaha in the $100-$150 range. JMHO

Well KY, it says that this guitar was originally in that $100 range that you speak of...

What constitutes as a 'real sized' guitar? I'm definetely in the market for a guitar, and this seems like an excellent deal...so I would like some clarification (if anyone knows)

Thanks OP!!!

Well KY, it says that this guitar was originally in that $100 range that you speak of...

What constitutes as a 'real sized' guitar? I'm definetely in the market for a guitar, and this seems like an excellent deal...so I would like some clarification (if anyone knows)

Thanks OP!!!

38" inches is small--a full sized guitar is 41" or so.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000ESEXGK.01-A3C1OYEM4FMOSU._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V53788160_.jpg

Linked

Full Size Acoustic Guitar with Carrying Bag and Accessories - Blue

Other products by Austin Bazaar

More about this product

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

List Price: $249.99

Price: $119.99

Sale: $59.95

You Save: $190.04 (76%)

If by "beginner", you mean kids, then by all means, go ahead and get this set... just don't expect it to last very long. If it is for an adult beginner, I would suggest looking at other items instead. If any of you need any recommendations, let me know and I'll see what I can find.

ibystander

by "beginner" I am referring to an adult. If you could help me find a quality guitar at a reasonable price, I would very much appreciate that!!

Thanks soooo much!!

Define "reasonable price", msluchie. :)

What's your budget? Do you want something similar to this (a kit), or just a guitar?

nothing over $150 I suppose.

something that's reliable--i.e. won't break down in 3 years...lol

A good warranty woulde be nice

thks i-bystander

It would be hard to find something "reliable" at that price but I'll give it a shot. Of course, it all depends on how you use the instrument... it won't just "break down" on its own. :)

Here's some suggestions - I wasn't sure if you're looking for an acoustic or an electric, so I did both. I even threw in an acoustic-electric in there! :D

Please note that I don't have first-hand experience about these guitars, except for the fleeting test drive at the store for some of them. These suggestions are mostly based on brand and the price you specified.

Guitar Kit:

Epiphone DR-1S Acoustic Player Pack - $149.99

Yamaha GigMaker Guitar Pack - $149.99

Washburn D8GAP Acoustic Guitar Pack - $149.99

Guitar Only:

Epiphone Les Paul Special II Electric Guitar - $149.99

Washburn D100 Acoustic Guitar - $129.99

Epiphone AJ-100CE Acoustic-Electric Guitar - $149.99

Epiphone SG-Special Electric Guitar - $149.99

Let me know if you need any more suggestions, or if you need help narrowing the list down.

My 14 yr old used something like this that i got on ebay when he was 10 (I paid less tho), and I'm glad it wasn't an expensive one as he didn't treat it right. Now, four years later, he is an advanced guitar player and owns several expensive, nice guitars (which he treats well). I like to buy guitars from Musiciansfriend.com. They have great sales all the time, and their customer service can't be beat.

After checking the mixed reviews at Amazon, I have decided not to buy this guiter for my son who will be a beginner and is rough with everything he owns.

I will check the Musiciansfriend.com and see if I can find something better that can withstand the rigors of being treated as though it is indestructable.

(He managed to twist a tennis raquet into wierd shape that I have displayed as art and many of my guests look at the Object'd art and gush over it. . )

Would appreciate all suggestions on what would last long but is reasonable in price.

We bought a similar guitar as the original post at KB Toys for our children this week for $39.99. It is very beginner but not so that a young child might not enjoy. My dd just turned 5 and my ds is 2 1/2...yes he is a bit young but it was worth the money to avoid the arguing. Plus even if they bang it around a bit it is still a good starter and not so expensive that I have to stay on to them over taking care of it. DH plays the guitar and bass, BIL plays most anything instrumental and they both started playing at 6. They also say these are not bad beginners for a child.

After checking the mixed reviews at Amazon, I have decided not to buy this guiter for my son who will be a beginner and is rough with everything he owns.

I will check the Musiciansfriend.com and see if I can find something better that can withstand the rigors of being treated as though it is indestructable.

(He managed to twist a tennis raquet into wierd shape that I have displayed as art and many of my guests look at the Object'd art and gush over it. . )

Would appreciate all suggestions on what would last long but is reasonable in price.

May we all have the opportunity to view this lovely piece of art you have mentioned...LOL....Im curious to see what the kid can do to a tennis racket now :)