pick me out the most featured electric dryer at the national chains

I'd look at Sears for 991 dryers ie returns. If you have an outlet close by you might find one at up to 1/2 off. You might look on ebay in your area and see if you can find one. I got lucky when I bought my house 4 years ago. I found a 1 year old gas dryer (person moved to non gas house) 40 miles away for $150 and I paid them $20 to deliver it. You never know what you'll find. Funny thing was it matched my washing machine exactly. Same model.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=126073-46-REX6634RQ&lpage=none

This is the dryer we just bought. It's nothing fancy, but it does the job really well. It is a Roper brand, but Roper is made by Whirlpool so it's still a name brand appliance, kinda...KWIM.

Our 'fridge and range are Roper. The range was a really good deal for feature/cost basis.

It is a Roper brand, but Roper is made by Whirlpool so it's still a name brand appliance, kinda...KWIM.

Everything is made by Whirlpool now even Maytag and Kenmore. Not many choices anymore. I guess you could buy Viking or LG I suppose but not for $300.

Everything is made by Whirlpool now even Maytag and Kenmore. Not many choices anymore. I guess you could buy Viking or LG I suppose but not for $300.

Wow, I didn't know that. I just know that when we bought our dryer I originally thought about not buying it because I had never heard of the brand and then we learned that they were made by the same company.

Thanks

I have a local store that offered me this for $297 installed + haul away the old, including tax ($279 before tax). I think it's a pretty good deal. Does anyone have a consumer reports sub to look it up?

Hotpoint (GE) NWSR483EB OR NWSR483EBWU OR NWSR483EB-WU

edit- looks like the price is about that- nothing too great about my deal. Would still like to see consumer report's review--signed up for the 30 day free trial.

hey all- I got a free sub to consumer reports for 30 days, so I checked out what they had to say. They said you shouldn't get a dryer without a moisture sensor. They recommended the FrigidaireGLER642AS

over the Hotpoint, so I got that. I got a deal I think, for $299 installed with the disposal of the old one, plus tax. I paid, so it's a done deal!

PS = it's $367 + delivery+ tax at Lowe's :D