Compusa US logic 160 gig harddrive $30 AR

cthulhu

So, ( you know it will be good if I start out that way) my sisters computer growled at her and now when it boots up the only thing on the screen is "no operating system found". This computer is probably 5 years old or more. If I buy this hard drive that's on sale, I can just put it in the case, plug everything into it and then buy a copy of Windows XP and install it and she is good to go right. I know this can't work but I thought I'd ask.

This should probably be in the technology area but since I might buy this hard drive I put it here.

So, ( you know it will be good if I start out that way) my sisters computer growled at her and now when it boots up the only thing on the screen is "no operating system found". This computer is probably 5 years old or more. If I buy this hard drive that's on sale, I can just put it in the case, plug everything into it and then buy a copy of Windows XP and install it and she is good to go right. I know this can't work but I thought I'd ask.

This should probably be in the technology area but since I might buy this hard drive I put it here.

I would go ahead and buy the harddrive just in case but I would check the old harddrive out before I replaced it. Maybe the os is simply corrupted and needs a reinstall. Yes, it could be as simple as installing the new harddrive, os, and drivers and she would be good to go.

I would go ahead and buy the harddrive just in case but I would check the old harddrive out before I replaced it. Maybe the os is simply corrupted and needs a reinstall. Yes, it could be as simple as installing the new harddrive, os, and drivers and she would be good to go.

Thanks! I should have ordered last night. Looks like it went up $20.00.