Discussion regarding "GD 101: Concerning Reposts and Reporting Threads" Announcement

Brad

The instructions on the 'report bad post' page may be why people weren't using that page to report reposts:

Great point! I use the Red X button, but always feel like I am doing something wrong do to the the instructions on that part. But I still do it anyway. :D

thank you for posting this! there has been A LOT of reposts lately. and I will start using the red "X" as I am very guilty of saying "this is a repost" and posting the link but in my defense I did ask one time if I should use the red "X" for that purpose and never got any response

thank you for posting this! there has been A LOT of reposts lately. and I will start using the red "X" as I am very guilty of saying "this is a repost" and posting the link but in my defense I did ask one time if I should use the red "X" for that purpose and never got any response

Perfect, that's the purpose of this thread :)

Originally Posted by Brad

Second, if you see a thread that is a repost, please don't just reply saying it's a repost. There are a lot of threads on here and we can't look at every one of them every few hours to notice posts like that. What works best is to click on the red "X" button to the left of the post.

thanks for the update ..I have too say I'm one of them who by mistake... have posted a repeat ..

thanks for the update ..I have too say I'm one of them who by mistake... have posted a repeat ..

I think that all active members at one time or another have posted a repost. I know I have. It isn't a big deal.

The notification is just a good way to get Brad or Ross to link the two topics so that nobody accidentally misses some good information.