?? Best way to get rid of baby clothes?

We are trying to do our spring cleaning, and will be getting rid of baby clothes and maternity clothes. We want to know the best way to make money off them. Garage sale or consignment shop? I know ebay does well, but I don't have the time and would have to use I sold it on ebay to list the itmes for us.

Rossman--if in wrong forum, please feel free to move

Thanks all.

We are trying to do our spring cleaning, and will be getting rid of baby clothes and maternity clothes. We want to know the best way to make money off them. Garage sale or consignment shop? I know ebay does well, but I don't have the time and would have to use I sold it on ebay to list the itmes for us.

Rossman--if in wrong forum, please feel free to move

Thanks all.

depending on the brand and condition I would take to consignment shop or buy outright shop. Since you live in a pretty large city there should be several to choose from. I would find your best name brand clothing and take it to the highest end shop. baby gap,gymboree,old navy, the childrens place and better do well there. Stuff that they can sell for more than $5 each. If you would only sell it yourself for about $1 then I would say garage sale/craigs list is the way to go. Sell in bunches by size and season. I have tried this myself several ways and this was the most productive for me time and money wise.

Theresa

Guest Frieked
We've been getting rid of my daughter's old clothes with our local Freecycle. There's no money in it but it's a good way if you just want to get rid of some stuff fast.

I prefer consignment. I cannot stand for people to talk me out of what I priced something for at a yard sale. We have 2 major week long consignment

sales in my region. I tag my all of clothes and split it 70/30 with the owner. She rents out a warehouse and I can view my sales on the web all week long. At the end of the week, I can either donate or pickup what's left and pick up my check. I've been doing this for 7 years and make 400-600 in the spring and fall. You might check to see if you have something like this. Here's the website for mine. Or get together and start your own. www.rhealana.com or www.duckduckgoosesale. com

If you decide to do a yard sale be sure to advertise "baby clothes/items" in your local paper (and anywhere else people will see a flyer) about a week ahead of time and be prepared to start at daylight. Die hard yard sale shoppers scope out the good ones and get there early. Also pick a good place to have your sale. It's not a good thing to have a yard sale six miles down a dirt road, no matter how many signs you put up.

Garage sale and then whatever is left try a consignment shop. Consignment shops around here will only by for the current season and if you do a garage sale make sure that you price your stuff knowing that at least half the people will try to haggle with you no matter how low it is priced.

Guest mldepalma
We donate ours to goodwill or salvation army and take the deduction - we don't get the cash, but it turns out to be almost as good at the end of the year when we do our taxes - and there is NO hassle at all with sorting and pricing stuff. (We use a tax program that we can input the stuff we donate and get a "fair and reasonable" tax write-off amount. I can't remember the name of the program off-hand (put out by turbo tax I think) and it goes to ebay to get the average resale value of a particular item to come up with the fair price for write off.) It really is a lot easier than wasting a weeked with a sale and not to mention all the time setting up for it. Good luck!!

I volunteered at a charity's consignment shop regularly when I was in high school (OMG, just realized that was like 10 years ago, sigh), and the baby clothes definitely sold the best of all the categories- women, kids, mens, jewelery, etc.

People would come in there and just scoop up any name brand stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I get rid of my stuff at Mom to Mom sales which are usually in the spring and fall at local churches and schools. I pay $ 20 for a table and have made anywhere from $300 - $500. The best thing about this type of sale is that everyone coming there is looking specifically for those items and they are advertised well.

Kids Junction

2267 NW Military Hwy Ste 102

San Antonio, TX 78213

(210) 340-5532

This is kind of the big resale shop in SA but there are a lot of them around town. Kids Junction you have to make an appointment and they pay you so much cash and so much store credit.

I also like - better

Kings Kids

2818 Thousand Oaks

496-2542

She is more flexable