has anyone been to TJ MAXX recently.

The one near me was located in the mall that was damaged during katrina and then looted and torched. I think the only thing open now in that mall is sears. JCPenny's an dillards are supposed to open Sept this year and the rest not until 2007.

The one near me was located in the mall that was damaged during katrina and then looted and torched. I think the only thing open now in that mall is sears. JCPenny's an dillards are supposed to open Sept this year and the rest not until 2007.

hey thats really bad.. hope everything opens quickly in your area!

I still can't get over how slow the rebuilding process after Katrina has been. The government is just dissapointing me big time on this one. I have a relative living there and they still haven't reopened all the hospitals. It is a real shame.

I was at TJ Maxx last Sunday... it's so hit or miss that it's hard to tell what will be at your stores... I was looking for a sarong for my new bathing suit and Coach purses ;) but they didn't have any... I got two cute photo albums for baby shower gifts I needed. I did notice they had a lot of jewelry on clearance and they had alot of perfumes in stock. They had a cute pair of capris but didn't have my size:(

Good Luck!

I still can't get over how slow the rebuilding process after Katrina has been. The government is just dissapointing me big time on this one. I have a relative living there and they still haven't reopened all the hospitals. It is a real shame.

I think it's a shame too, but at this point it's more of an insurance and contractor problem. There are only so many to go around to do the labor. I don't know what the government could do--it's not like they can train more contractors or laborers or make insurance companies hire more people.

In our area, we were struck very heavily by Tornadoes last month and we're still cleaning up from that. My kids and I volunteer almost every weekend to help with the cleanup, but after that, it's up to the insurance and the contractors.

just got back from tj maxx... lots of nice designer tees were there.. i picked up a nike capri foe 18 dollars .. retail value was 40 dollars.. will go back next week for some nice tees from polo and dkny...