*HOT* $349 Dell B110 Dimension Desktop w/ 512MB, 160GB, DVD-/+RW Burner, 17" LCD Mon.

cireafan

SUPER HOT DEAL...

FREE SHIPPING...

ONLY $349 ($314 if you buy the $35 off coupon at eBay for $2)

NO REBATES REQUIRED!!!

NEVER OUT OF STOCK...

Offer ends May 3, 2006 (left column):

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/featured_dotw_dimen?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

• Intel® Celeron D Processor (2.53 GHz, 533 FSB)
  • Genuine Windows® XP Home Edition
  • 512MB DDR SDRAM at 400MHz
  • 160GB Ultra ATA/100 7200RPM Hard Drive
  • Single Drive: 16X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability
  • Dell USB Keyboard and Dell USB optical mouse
  • Dell A525 30 Watt 2.1 Stereo Speakers with Subwoofer
  • 17 inch E176FP Analog LCD Flat Panel Monitor
  • 1Yr Ltd Warranty, 1Yr At-Home Service, and 1Yr HW Warranty
  • Dell Photo All-in-One Printer 924 (add only $39)

Save $35 off from any purchases made at Dell Home above $300. You can get this coupon for only $2 at eBay and apply it to this order. One coupon can be used per order only. I have three $35 off coupons in which I don't need. PM me and I will send it to you free of charge. First come, first served.

I immediately cancelled the order of the one with a 19-inch LCD monitor I placed yesterday and decide to get this. Dell surprised me big time. This is one hell of a deal. This will put pressure in HP, Compaq, and eMachines' sales for a week.

Guest Frieked
That is pretty hot... these machines are why when someone asks me to build them a computer I always just tell them to go buy a dell, it's really cheaper than if you were to go out and buy all the necessary parts.

That is pretty hot... these machines are why when someone asks me to build them a computer I always just tell them to go buy a dell, it's really cheaper than if you were to go out and buy all the necessary parts.

yes, it may be cheaper, but i still build my own pc....

newegg > dell

if you like customization.

Not to mention the Dell offers 24/7/365 tech support for 1 year :tongue1:

Guest Frieked

yes, it may be cheaper, but i still build my own pc....

newegg > dell

if you like customization.

Don't get me wrong, for my personal PC's I always build them myself... but for others that ask... I tell them to go Dell... Like Rossman just said... if I build it, I gotta support it too... if Dell builds it, dell supports it :)

Don't get me wrong, for my personal PC's I always build them myself... but for others that ask... I tell them to go Dell... Like Rossman just said... if I build it, I gotta support it too... if Dell builds it, dell supports it :)

i agree with you completely. i tell people the same thing. because most people that ask me really don't know too much about computers or hardly play any high-end games/do photo/video editing. so i just tell them to buy a dell....

Frieked & joonshin,

Now I'm curious.

If you were to build a comparable PC with parts from newegg.com how much would it cost?

well...

i would say no doubt buying from dell is cheaper than buying individual comparable parts as dell buys their parts in bulk.

for myself or a friend who plays either high-end pc games or video/sound editing, i have to choose my own everything to get the most out of my pc.

i'll extensively read reviews on the latest motherboards/video cards/processors... and i'll get what i can afford but i usually end up setting up a pretty nice pc.

Excellent deal. Again, if anyone is selling the LCD for a decent price, I'd be interested in possibly buying it.

As for building something like that:

Case - $50 shipped

AIO Motherboard - $40

Processor $55

RAM - $50

Hard Drive - $90

LCD - $150

Windows XP Home - $85

DVD Burner - $45

Keyboard / Mouse - $20

Speakers - $25

Those are estimates, but it really adds up. Where it becomes worth it to build your own is for the higher end parts that Dell would probably only put in their XPS line. I like to build my own because upgrading becomes very easy in the future. People ask how old my computer is, and I have to say "what part?" It's anywhere from 2 years to 1 week old at this point. :D

Guest Frieked

Those are estimates, but it really adds up. Where it becomes worth it to build your own is for the higher end parts that Dell would probably only put in their XPS line. I like to build my own because upgrading becomes very easy in the future. People ask how old my computer is, and I have to say "what part?" It's anywhere from 2 years to 1 week old at this point. :D

I agree, for cheap computers you can't really beat dell since they are meant to be cheap and meant to sell A LOT... It's when you get into the higher end stuff that Dell does more of a mark-up for profits and only then can you build something cheaper yourself.

I agree, for cheap computers you can't really beat dell since they are meant to be cheap and meant to sell A LOT... It's when you get into the higher end stuff that Dell does more of a mark-up for profits and only then can you build something cheaper yourself.

i, too, agree.... can't beat their low-end pcs

Frieked & joonshin,

Now I'm curious.

If you were to build a comparable PC with parts from newegg.com how much would it cost?

The simple answer is, you wouldn't build a comparable PC with parts from Newegg, you'd build a better PC with parts from Newegg. ;)

How much do you want for the LCD, shipped?

The simple answer is, you wouldn't build a comparable PC with parts from Newegg, you'd build a better PC with parts from Newegg. ;)

How much do you want for the LCD, shipped?

i wish more people knew about dell & newegg so people will stop buying desktops and laptops at best buy and circuit city. maybe that will make them lower their prices... hehehe

i wish more people knew about dell & newegg so people will stop buying desktops and laptops at best buy and circuit city. maybe that will make them lower their prices... hehehe

Actually, if you are looking for an HP or Compaq laptop (which some of them are very good) BB and CC do have some good sales on those computers about once a quarter.

Guest Frieked

Dont forget about zipzoomfly they are pretty good too.

Actually, if you are looking for an HP or Compaq laptop (which some of them are very good) BB and CC do have some good sales on those computers about once a quarter.

I got my Acer desktop at CC ($270 with CRT and "all-in-one" inkjet).

All three coupons were already sent to the first three people asking for it and I now have no more left. If you still want the coupon, you can purchase one from eBay for less than $2. Type in "Dell $35 coupon" in the search box.

Okay, I have a question regarding this system...maybe some of you "techies" can help me out.

The Dell I have now is a Dimension 3000, Pentium 4 2.8 GHz, 512 MB Ram.

I pretty much use it for shopping, surfing the net, playing a couple of games. We have a big monitor-would prefer a flat panel, and need something faster. When we do play some of our games, there is a bit of a lag.

Would we be better off buying this system and upgrading the ram to 1 Gig for an extra $50? Or would I be better off just throwing some extra ram into what I have now? I mean, I can live with this monitor, just would prefer something a little thinner. Suggestions? Thanks.

nubeedeallover,

Your current system is better than this. I would recommend:

• Reformat your hard drive and do a clean Windows re-install.
  • You're probably using integrated graphics, buy a dedicated PCI video card for around $60.
  • 512MB RAM should be enough, just in case I would upgrade another 512MB to 1GB.

You can usually buy a nice 19" flat panel LCD for around $300. Make sure the video card you buy offers DVI.

That Dimension E510 looks pretty sweet. I think I should get that instead since its

Processor/Display

Pentium® D Processor 820 with Dual Core Technology (2.80GHz, 800FSB)

19 inch ultrasharp

512MB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz (2x256M)

80GB2 Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache™

256 PCI Raedon videocard

can upgrade to 2 drives which makes burning DVDs a lot easier

for 599+$20 (dual drives)