Rosewill mp3 player $6AR + $20AR 1GB SD = $26 1GB MP3 Player - combine 2 deals!

labgeek

Rosewill Silver/ Black SD/MMC MP3 Player Model R10MP3/ Memory not included - Retail $22.99 - $7 IR - $15 MIR = $0.99 + $4.99 shipping

That has no memory so... Add Kingston Technology 1GB Secure Digital Card - SD/1GB (see this thread) for $25.95 - $6 MIR - $1.30 paypal discount = $18.65 AR

So for $24.63 you can have a 1GB MP3 player... How's that for creative dealmaking?

Wow no love for the $25 1GB mp3 player... I'm surprised.

I liked the sounds of it ... at first...

It does seem like a really good deal. But, with the way rebates have been denied, lost, delayed, hassled, and generally turning into scam-a-ramas lately ... well ... all the stacked rebates on this deal isn't making me run for the Mastercard. :D

But, thanks for posting it anyway. :gd_purple

I liked the sounds of it ... at first...

It does seem like a really good deal. But, with the way rebates have been denied, lost, delayed, hassled, and generally turning into scam-a-ramas lately ... well ... all the stacked rebates on this deal isn't making me run for the Mastercard. :D

But, thanks for posting it anyway. :gd_purple

It's not really "stacked" rebates as I see it... There 2 items both on sale with rebates that just happen to go together naturally. Not "stacked" as in multiple rebates (ala CompUSA) on the same item.

MP3 player has $7 Instant rebate + $15 MIR ... I don't count "Instant Rebates" as rebates. Just another silly term for sale price. That one is a Newegg rebate - I'm pretty comfortable with that one.

The other is from buy.com for the card and is a Kingston/Buy.com rebate for $6... again I'm pretty comfortable. The 5% discount is for using paypal and is a discount not a rebate.

So we're really only talking 2 rebates and neither of them Compusa or TigerDirect thus I'm happy...

I like the SD expandability. My wife Creative MuVO is limited to 512MB :(

There are a few MP3 players on the market that accept SD cards. The Rosewill is one. MPI also has a very small-size one that used to be 128MB base memory that they bumped up to 256MB base. They clearanced out the 128's for $30. It accepts 1GB SD cards too. With 1GB cards down around $20 now, it gets real attractive to use this type of MP3 player.

And, to the OP, the term "stacked rebates" holds true, but maybe I should have said "multiple rebates". The deal you posted requires multiple rebates to achieve the bottom line price you stated and that is the rub. I agree that CompUSSR really is the master of stacking rebates on individual items. They are on my 'bad guys' :curse: list as far as rebate horror stories.

Is anyone familiar with this mp3 player?? I bought a cute little "no name" mp3 player for my son for Christmas and it works great. Only problem is that it does not show the name of the song playing. The names are saved on the SD card but does not show on the MP3 screen. I have since been told it does not have that capability. I would love to find a cheap one that does.

Edit: I just read the reviews and this does not give song title either. If I wasn't going to "inherit" my son's mp3 player, I would have grabbed this one. Thanks for sharing!