Amazon.com Online Black Friday Sale Discussion

Brad

i typically spend $100 a year and havent spent a dime this year for BF sales

So its not just me? I was starting to feel a little crazy. Like I wasnt looking in the right place. LOL 

I did buy stuff from Lowes and Walmart which I typically never do. My routine is just off with Amazon having crap so far. So the whole experience is just blah this year. 

I hope so. Thus far their lightning deals have been horrible. Typically I spend a thousand plus at amzon and as of right now I am at like 150.00.

Anyone else feel this way or is it just me?

I am similar. They have ended up price matching most of the deals that I was buying. And since Discover Card is giving 5% cash back on Amazon.com this quarter, I've bought via Amazon vs. Home Depot / WalMart; but unless they do it right away, I can't take the chance to not get my item.  I have duplicate ordered a few things and will return to WalMart, etc. after I get it.

Well Amazon is definitely the big loser this year. I dont know why they never had any dvd sales like the brick and morter stores did and like they normally would have. What dvds they did have werent even that good of deals. I was really coutning on them since I have a gift card to spend at Amazon. Their sale this year as honestly mostly junk.

Edited by Tigger97498
  • Like 3

This is the first year I haven't bought a single item at Amazon.

I think though they talk big numbers they aren't doing as good as previous years. My gf works at Amazon and they have been sending people home mid shift for the last few days because there is not enough work. Previous years they would be on mandatory overtime starting last week.

Tap'd from my 7+

I haven’t done any of my Christmas shopping with Amazon yet which feels odd. When I was assembling my own Christmas wish list more than half of it wasn’t from Amazon either. Amazon just didn’t have the best prices and now that so many other places have good shipping offers for the holidays they aren’t the only convenient option out there.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

Well Amazon is definitely the big loser this year. I dont know why they never had any dvd sales like the brick and morter stores did and like they normally would have. What dvds they did have werent even that good of deals. I was really coutning on them since I have a gift card to spend at Amazon. Their sale this year as honestly mostly junk.

Every DVD I wanted I bought from Amazon because they were cheaper than anywhere else. At least the ones I wanted.

I tried to support the brick and mortars this year as long as the prices where around what amazon had. By and large everything we got was cheaper or the price as Amazon.

Now I can say none of the stores we ordered online for match the response and shipping times of amazon stuff we ordered from them on Thursday is already here. BestBuy couldn’t even get me a shipping confirmation until today.

Sent from my iPhone using GottaDEAL

• Like 1

Well I've done a fair amount with Amazon. They were the only one that put one of my son's wanted games on sale. And the turntable that my other son wants, that I couldn't even find anywhere else besides eBay. And I have a book to buy. Tried to buy at Books a Million, but they didn't have it.

I still have a few Warhammer things to order. I bought everything the local game store had (paid about $15 more on a $200 purchase, but I wanted to support this store), so there's only about 3 more things left.

The Dot I ordered late Thursday from Kohl's was cancelled (still got the KC though!) and target was out, so Amazon came through for that, plus got a smart plug for only $5. Also got the IconX earbuds for $50 off. Best Buy also had them, but sold out before I made up my mind (which to be fair was late Friday). I got a Fire HD8, but that was because I was impatient and didn't want to wait for another sale to start. Which is funny because I still ordered from both Best Buy and Target that night. And the Fire Stick I purchased while standing in line at Kohl's, and I didn't think about checking for it at target. Amazon is just so easy.

And lastly I pre ordered Horizon Zero Dawn, because they have the low price guarantee.

Edited by bluebear

I got quite a bit from Amazon if I knew it wasn't cheaper anywhere else. I have Prime so took advantage of No-Rush Shipping, which takes about 5 business days, but you get $1 credit for digital books/software/music.

I always just order one item in each order and get a free $1 credit for each item. I ended up getting my McAfee Total Protection free with the credits, and still more to come.

Sometimes I'll also order an item after a bunch of orders and ship that one 2-day and Amazon will lump many of my no-rush items in there and ill get them in 2-3 days anyway.

Plus with ordering from www.amazon.com it donates 0.5% to charity or non-profit organization.

Sent from my SM-G930V using GottaDEAL mobile app