Xm rebate...from xmas

I'm wondering if anyone who bought one of the xm radio's at xmas time got there rebate? I sent my things in well before the deadline...and have yet to receive my $50.I have checked there site, and i guess they claim to have not receive the upc and receipt. I did not make a copy of the upc...so i guess i'm screwed. Also...when activating my unit, i had coupon codes someone shared on here and i called yesterday to see if they had actually been applied as there was so much hastle during activation and of course they didn't show up either. ~needless to say i'm not happy with xm at all....and i'm selling my unit because of it. Let me know if anyone else has had these problems or if i'm the only one.

I also haven't gotten the rebate back yet! I was hoping to get mine fast, considering the mailing address for the rebate was a PO Box at my Local Post office in Niagara Falls.

We got the MyFi XM2Go radio and upon activation, it said DO NOT use the battery that it came with because it had been recalled due to overheating...so we've had it for 3 months and have not been able to use it unless you use the plug in adapters. They said that upon activation, people would be sent a new battery. I keep calling and they keep saying that they will be sent out and that they send out thousands a week...well guess what...we haven't gotten ours yet! We've paid for 2 months of use and haven't used it so I called and they credited my account. I will call again next month too if I don't get the new battery. The guy on the phone was cocky and said "Maam, you can use the car adapter of the ac adapter that it came with to use it" and I said...."THAT DEFEATS THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF IT BEING XM2GO" and that the reason we bought it! Already thinking of selling it on Ebay...but we'll probably lose out on money which sucks...but we are sick of waiting for the battery.

Well, i called the rebate center today and with the xm id number and a few other questions i was in the system to get my rebate. (At least that is what they say) We'll see if a check ever comes........ My brother waited 3 months for his rebate, and ended up getting 2 $50 rebates:) of course that won't happen to me.

We did get a battery, but we actually just plunked the old one into it when we got it cus we didn't want to wait, and still havn't put the new one in :tongue1:

I have sold it though, and am wiping my hands of the darn thing. I have a real bad taste in my mouth on xm....and will never deal with them again.

Good luck with your battery and rebate....if you need the phone number let me know.

~jessica

I got my rebate about a month ago. I also got the new battery but I put it in since I was afraid the warranty wouldn't apply if I didn't. When was the last time we used it?? 2 months ago! Maybe we will use it more this summer out on the boat.

Wow, now I really wanna call and b*tch up a storm, since here's proof that 2 people have gotten their batteries and we haven't. My husband is so ticked off!

We had it on one time with the battery in it, while I was activating it and had to get the number off of it. After I finished activating, I got the notice about the battery, so I opened it to take it out and it was VERY HOT! I couldn't believe it since it was probably only on for like 5 minutes!

Did your batteries come thru regular mail? And about how long did it take for you to get it?

It came regular mail in a small brown envelope. OUrs acutally came before I even knew you wern't suppose to use the battery that came with it.

I know its very maddening..........hope you get somewhere. I took it off auto bill pay with cc, but am going to call back tomrrow and make sure it was actually done as i am p ositive you arent' calling someone from the USA.

Jessica

Thanks for letting me know! My husband was so ticked when I told him tho! Feel bad for him, but it's so aggravating.

I did email XM and said that was gonna be my last attempt before I called again and demand to talk to a supervisor...hopefully that'll get me somewhere. I do not think we should be having to wait this long. It had to have gotten lost or our name somehow didn't get on the list. I got an auto response saying that I'd get a real response within 24 hours, so we'll see!

Thanks again! :)

SUPRISE! i look on the rebate status web site today and there is my claim saying is being processed! :crossfing

You really should just call, i emailed 9 times and never go anywhere other then someone emailing me back saying i needed to fax my upc and receipt....I FELT LIKE YELLING INTO THE SCREEN....I MAILED MY UPC AND YES I'M STUPID AND DIDN'T MAKE A COPY OF IT...lol

Good luck, keep us posted on what happens.

I'm not too worried about the rebate since I checked the rebate and it says it's being processed. So hopefully that will come soon.

I've called many times about the battery and get no where, since all they tell me is that they have no records of who got them or who is getting them or when they are shipping. It's a crappy way to do business if you ask me.

My husband wants to just go buy a new battery, but I said that would defeat the purpose of the rebate!