Official Black Friday SMARTPHONES Discussion Thread

Brad

Most of the ads are offering gift cards with an iPhone 8 and activation.  How does this work?  We are currently AT&T customers with no contract and iPhone 5s devices.  Do I simply walk into Walmart, but two phones, activate and leave with my existing account plus amortized phone payments and a gift car?  Or do I have to switch from one carrier to the other to get the gift cards?  

We have always kept the same carrier and got the gift cards. You are just signing up for the new payments on the phone.

• Like 1

Most of the ads are offering gift cards with an iPhone 8 and activation.  How does this work?  We are currently AT&T customers with no contract and iPhone 5s devices.  Do I simply walk into Walmart, but two phones, activate and leave with my existing account plus amortized phone payments and a gift car?  Or do I have to switch from one carrier to the other to get the gift cards?  

Following on from this, does the new phone/payment plan tie me into a new contract?

The Sam's Club BF ad says to check the website on 11/15 for offer on Samsung phones. Anyone know what the offer is/was? I was at the store for the one day sale on 11/11 where they offered a gift card and free activation but passed on it because I would rather not pay an addition $30 a month on my bill.