Where can I get a good deal on a swingset?

Are you looking for the swing and slide kind (wood ones) or the metal swingsets? My husband built the kids a wooden one from a swing and slide kit. We bought ours on clearance at Home Depot. The best time is when the season ends and they don't want to store the summer items (I used to work there). We got the 12' slide for only $49 and tons of the accessories like wall climber, cargo net, steering wheel, etc for half off. Something to think about at the end of summer if you want to upgrade later

I've seen great deals on sets (wooden ones) at both Cosco and Sam's... I think they get them in March/April. The Cosco ones go fast! They are pre cut & pre-drilled, so all you have to do is assemble them.

We looked for one in May/June and the box stores were sold out. We went with swing-n-slide. Just a note, you can get yellow or green slides, depending if you shop at Home Depot or Lowe's.

Joanne

I got the yellow slide and accessories. Also bought the tarps for on top of the forts there too for 75% off. we bought extra in case something happened to any of the tarps. Our swing and slide kit came with directions for one fort, but my husband built an elementary sized one instead in our back yard. 2 forts with a bridge connecting the two. Swing set off the one w/ 2 swings and monkey bars. Off the other fort is the cargo net and mountain climer. $2000 later, its done. LOL. Oh, and two sand boxes under the forts. No wonder why our back yard is the neighborhood hang out

We got our wooden set at Sam's back in 2003 for $600. Every year they put out a "new and improved" version of it, with a higher price. This year's model is close to $1000, which is still a pretty good deal when you compare it with other sets.