Walmart Online Black Friday Sale Discussion

Brad

Finally got mine to go through. But the one big thing I wanted, Disney Infinity 3.0, had sold out by the time it went through.  So I went to Toys R Us. com and paid $2 extra and got it.  Also wanted Chewbacca but it was sold out by the time I checked out.  Going to bed. 6:00 is right around the corner.

Splatoon was sold out BEFORE 3 am.  I wanted that one as well.

Are you sure it was sold out?  I was getting the Monster High Deadluxe High School, and there were two matches that came up for it, one that was at a $109 price point, and then a separate one for the BF price of $99.  Similar thing with the Beadola...those were the only things I got, but it did make me wonder if all of the items were like that, so once they sold out x quantity at the sale price point, they reverted to the higher one?

Walmart was strange.  I got there around 8 and the store had cleared out by then.  They had tons of those Roku tvs that everyone is complaining about (on Facebook, not here :)).  They had Wii U, Xbox One and PS4...but they had mostly sold out of DVDs and games - which I never had a problem getting, even the next day.  They only had a few titles left.  

Items that I didn't think were a big deal and was over-confident that I could just walk in and get, were gone.  Items that are sold out online, they had tons and tons. 

I had never seen my Walmart like that before. 

Did anyone else's cc or dc get deactivated while online at walmart? I ended up having to pay with paypal because my card declined and when I called the fraud hotline they said they had thousands of cards deactivated after a decline from walmart last night! They reactivated my card this morning but I still can't use it for online purchases, only in store has it worked. My netflix came out today and I can't even pay it!

Did anyone else's cc or dc get deactivated while online at walmart? I ended up having to pay with paypal because my card declined and when I called the fraud hotline they said they had thousands of cards deactivated after a decline from walmart last night! They reactivated my card this morning but I still can't use it for online purchases, only in store has it worked. My netflix came out today and I can't even pay I'v

I have read about many, many unhappy Walmart shoppers who experienced the same thing with their credit card after last night's fiasco. 

Honestly have to say I am surprised and happy.

I had ordered the 32" TCL Roku TV online Wednesday evening when they had accidentally started their online sale early. I had figured there was no way they would send me it, but yet it's been shipped. I used my cashed in savings balance on part of the purchase so it cost me $100 before tax for it.

Did anyone else's cc or dc get deactivated while online at walmart? I ended up having to pay with paypal because my card declined and when I called the fraud hotline they said they had thousands of cards deactivated after a decline from walmart last night! They reactivated my card this morning but I still can't use it for online purchases, only in store has it worked. My netflix came out today and I can't even pay it!

Nope but it sure did it while online at Staples I had to reorder my computer. Thankfully it wasnt sold out.

I go to a Walmart that is located in another town from where I live and it's the greatest.  They let you get items (as long as it is not big ticket like tvs) as soon as you get there.  They never tell you to put things back.  Employees are nice and beyond helpful, even on Black Friday.  I was able to get one of the TCL Roku smart tvs also.