Best Buy Online Black Friday Sale Discussion

Brad

I placed my order (or tried to early this morning), it kept saying there was a glitch.  At any rate, its not showing any order on my Best Buy page but on my paypal page its saying its waiting for Best Buy to authorize it.  I'm not sure what's up.

What makes me mad isn't if I don't get the order, but its holding up the order and won't let me use the $25 gift card I have for something else.  I just wish they would cancel the order or something.  I'll try to reorder it if they did.

Alright just snapped up the printer i put in a cancellation request to walmart if they dont cancel i will just return it to customer service the day Im there to pick it up. i am only there every single week getting groceries lol!!

Nice!!

I have the same thing with a few other items that I'll be getting 2 of because I'd rather have ordered it from the retailer that went on sale after the first one was available.  And of course the items shipped within an hour after ordering, so I couldn't cancel.  I'll proudly return them just fine :)

Yeah I typically wouldnt do that BUT I practically live at walmart it seems like so easy return lol

Nice!!

I have the same thing with a few other items that I'll be getting 2 of because I'd rather have ordered it from the retailer that went on sale after the first one was available.  And of course the items shipped within an hour after ordering, so I couldn't cancel.  I'll proudly return them just fine :)

So 4 days later, and I still have the same situation.  Paypal is saying they authorized the payment for my order, and Best Buy is saying I never placed an order.  I'm not sure who I need to contact first to resolve this problem.  It appears no money changed hands, but Best Buy is saying I have no money left on my gift card.  So if I didn't place an order, WHERE DID THE GIFT CARD GO?  I still planned on using the card balance ($25) when it was put back on the card (an egift card) but now I'm not too sure I want to do business with them.  In addition to that, I've never received an email from Best Buy mentioning the order wasn't placed.  Usually Amazon or Walmart will send an email saying the order didn't go through and ask if I still want it.  All I've got from Best Buy is an email every 6 hours telling me to check out more sales.  It's a bit hard to do when I have no gift card and they won't accept my credit cards/paypal as payment.

It seems every year I have a problem using gift cards online on Black Friday.  A couple years ago it was Gamestop, now Best Buy.  I guess I can do business elsewhere next time and not use survey points on gift cards to places that cause more trouble than they are worth.

So 4 days later, and I still have the same situation.  Paypal is saying they authorized the payment for my order, and Best Buy is saying I never placed an order. 

Seems like Best Buy dropped the ball on this one. I can't see PayPal getting payment info unless the BB site transmitted it to them.  I should go check my old useless email and see if BB or Walmart cancelled anything, not sure why these accts are still associated with old email.

• Like 1

So 4 days later, and I still have the same situation.  Paypal is saying they authorized the payment for my order, and Best Buy is saying I never placed an order.  

I would probably start with PayPal and cancel the transaction on their side.  I'm not sure how the gift card is tied up; that may take BB intervention since if the amount deducted on the gift card didn't go anywhere, they should refund that back on.  I've never used PayPal, myself.

• Like 1

I placed 7 orders Thanksgiving morning, 5 orders showed up today including the 2 laptops I ordered, my last 2 orders are video games that the last tracking info showed them in Orlando since Saturday. Electronic details sent to the Tampa Post Office yesterday but now 24 hours later and still no movement

2 of my movies, I guess I need to open them and look I ordered American Sniper and Horrible Bosses 2 both are supposed to be the Blu-Ray/DVD + UV copy but both movies showed up in the standard Blu-Ray packaging. no mention of DVD or UV on them.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like Best Buy dropped the ball on this one. I can't see PayPal getting payment info unless the BB site transmitted it to them.  I should go check my old useless email and see if BB or Walmart cancelled anything, not sure why these accts are still associated with old email.

I would probably start with PayPal and cancel the transaction on their side.  I'm not sure how the gift card is tied up; that may take BB intervention since if the amount deducted on the gift card didn't go anywhere, they should refund that back on.  I've never used PayPal, myself.

Here it is December 9th, and finally today the balance on the gift card was restored.  I sent an email to Best Buy and never heard back, and the same for Paypal.  Since Paypal is waiting on Best Buy, I figure they will scrub the pending charge off soon, but I'll keep my eye out.  The only communication I got from Best Buy was through Facebook and Twitter which said "we're swamped, you should get an email soon".  After a week I brought it up again, and they wanted me to message them on Facebook the info.  Besides already writing it on their wall, I don't like doing business through social media.

So since the gift card is restored, I'll find a way to use it, then I doubt I'll go to them online anymore, especially for Holiday shopping.

So if you ordered the Apple Watch - it's on sale this week for less than it was on BF.  DD24 went in and got a price adjustment since their PM price policy says its allowed as long as it is within the valid return date.  Items bought after 11/1 can be returned until the beginning of January.  She save $50.

So if you ordered the Apple Watch - it's on sale this week for less than it was on BF.  DD24 went in and got a price adjustment since their PM price policy says its allowed as long as it is within the valid return date.  Items bought after 11/1 can be returned until the beginning of January.  She save $50.

I think their extended return policy goes til the middle of January so you can PM anything that gets cheaper before then! :)