Target and thrift stores

I'm not sure if everyone knows this, but Target will sell their clearance items that don't sell(some of them at least) to local thrift stores for them to sell. Well, they also do this with returns and damaged packages. You can find some great stuff by knowing which stores sell Target items.

I got an FM transmitter for an Ipod yesterday, $8.45. This exact same FM transmitter was in the BB ad on Sunday for $49. The problem with it? The DC cord was missing. Oh well, it functions just fine with the batteries. And you can't beat that price.

It's also great when you miss out on an item when it was on clearance. I recently bought my son a Juice Box at TRU(on clearance) for him to use as a MP3 player(I already had boughten the mp3 kit, to use the memory card reader with my digital camera) and the thrift store I went to had a bunch of Juice Box media cartridges for $5.65 each. He was very happy with his Valentine's gift from me!

Every Tuesday, Target delivers a whole truckload of merchandise to GoodWill store about a mile or so from my house. I am there waiting! last week they had the big containers of wipes (huggies) for $1. I bought all 8 for my sister who has twins. Diapers (Luvs) for only $2.99 for the big package. So its not only clearance items. Most items are damaged containers. In my opinion a scratch on a box or crack in the plastic isn't bad at all. Hardly unsellable, but thats fine. Im get TONS of deals every week. They delivery clothes and food items too (all in date). Check out local goodwill

Now, I would love it if I knew exactly what day they got the merchandise at our stores. But, the chain has a central warehouse, and everything from the stores gets shipped from there.

As for finding out which thrift stores in your area do this, check Goodwill first. It seems that in most areas, that's the thrift store Target uses. An easy way to tell is if you find Cherokee or Mossimo branded clothing items, with the name crossed out.

I forgot my other good find, a Glade Plug-ins 2pack, "mom's apple pie" for $1.50.

You can just ask the Target store. I was shopping in one the other day and I overheard one of the sales assistants that if they didn't want to buy the item today that they would probably be able to find it at Goodwill in a week or so. So I'm guessing that the employees all know of when they ship stuff out.

Goodwill is also a nice place to donate stuff that you don't want anymore. :) (Sorry, just thought I'd mention it, my sister is a social worker at a Goodwill so I know how much they always love donations lol)

This is a great post, I'll have to check out one of the stores sometime and see what I can find. :)

Good for you for promoting Good Will. I recently read in a magazine that it is important to give Good Will items that are in decent condition because charities such as Good Will have to pay for removal and disposal costs of items that are not saleable.

I'd never thought about this- so from now on am going to check in with the charities about their standards.