Requesting Keurig Opinions

giz

So it is funny, we ended up and went and bought the K550 this past weekend. Our old one had been in use for a long time but since the move we had not used it, went to use it this last weekend and just decided it wasn't worth going completely through it and giving it a thorough cleaning plus replacing the filter in it. As for the 2.0 having the protection on it there is an easy defeat and actually there is a company out there that will send you an easily installed clip to defeat it for free. Most of the stuff we use are all legit K Cups anyway so it's not a big deal. So far the new one has been great, it holds more water has more brew settings and has the larger carafe for days when we need more than 1-2 cups. Now I sure as heck didn't pay $95 and would LOVE to find that deal I would return this one in a heartbeat for that savings lol. 

As Len said it's not for everyone but once you get used to it the things are great.

If you buy the kups, try an espresso maker. I have the delonghi 3300 seam. It is easy, fill the water with distilled water, add whole beans. Push the 1 or 2 serving adjust water level, coffee or espresso comes out and just steam milk. Add any flavor beats Starbucks for pennies. If it every broke, I would buy another. I paid 499 from Amazon worth every penny. My husband and I use it everyday.