toshiba laptop A105-S101 this week at bb. upgrading?

areis

I want to buy this laptop, mainly my girlfriend will be using it, but I'd like to upgrade it as much as possible *like getting 2gb of ram*. Can someone tell me what's the differnece between dual channel ram and normal ram? As I read that this laptop supports dual channel ram, just wanted to know what brand and spec of ram I should be buying other than looking at laptop pc4200 rams.

I know the video card on this computer isn't good for gaming, but I just need it to be able to load and I'll turn settings on the lowest, would help if someone gave a detailed steps of what to turn off and what to turn on for best performance too, thanks!

Anything above 1 gig is a waste. In fact, benchmarks have shown in certain cases it actually slightly hurts performance at 2gigs.

For basic work, I wouldn't bother going for the dual channel unless it's just as cheap. Get a 4200 stick that brings you up to 1gig and you'll have plenty.

Actually I will use this computer to log onto Everquest*an online game*, but I will just need to log on and wouldn't really care about the lag as I use 3 other desktops and just need a fourth one to sit and move a character around in, so I will have every in game setting turned to the lowest. I would still like the computer to run as smooth as possible tho, so should i just get a regular 512 and make it 1gig? thanks.

sorry, pretty new here, will try to post on the right sections from now on =)

That's quite alright, if you're ever uncertain just PM me :)

I agree with the previous poster, 1GB RAM should be more than sufficient. Remember this is a BUDGET ENTRY level laptop.

You wouldn't get a Hyundai Elantra and drop a V6 into it, would you? I didn't think so.