Amazon's Prime Members Only Deals

magickallight

I am noticing more and more deals from Amazon that are for Prime members only. What are your feelings about this "new marketing technique"?  Are you more apt to sign up for Prime to get these low priced deals - or does it anger you that they are doing this?

Do you think they will do this with a lot of their Black Friday deals?

I'm a Prime member, but personally, I think the more deals they make for "Prime Members Only", the more they will alienate customers that aren't already Prime members. Their deals aren't always the best in town, like they once were, so I think most people will just go elsewhere.  They seem to be shooting themselves in the foot, in my opinion.

• Like 3

I think Amazon continues to alienate customers and push people away. Just this year alone it seems like they've reorganized things so much that even IF you're a prime member and KNOW what deal you're looking for its impossible to find. I'm thankful to have free Prime through my best friend for the odd bluray or book release I'm interested in but Deal-wise I've stopped going to Amazon because they clutter it with so many NON deals and then make searching/sorting practically impossible.

• Like 2

i just wanna say, i do NOT like the new format, they can't seem to settle on a design that suits them and keep switching things around, all right already, pick something and leave it alone.

looks like new ebay homepage, i cannot sort by anything or filter, cluttered, must scroll to see timing, doesn't fit well on page, kinda looks like msn or espn, which i don't like either.  force feeding info to me that isn't relevant to what i'm currently interested in, might have to move on, it's that painful to me and prices are NOT always the best, which is why i use multiple sources

as for the deals themselves, not really impressed yet

9/28- we're back to the previous design, i'm soooo happy, tyvm Amazon.

Edited by Khobbs1

I'm not thrilled with any of the prime only deals, so people without shouldn't feel too bad about missing out. Between their so-so deals and needing to charge tax for my state now, I can get items cheap in a store most of the time now.  I can't understand why their stock price keeps going through the roof. I don't know anyone that doesn't have a gripe with them. My new gripe is sellers that constantly contact me before and after I write the reviews. It is getting out of hand and I'm really about to tell off one particular seller and report them, which just isn't my nature. If I didn't get credits for choosing the 5 day shipping, I wouldn't even have Prime anymore. But between the credits to fill up our MP3 players and watching a "free" movie here and there, it is pretty much a wash for me. 

I opted not to renew my prime last January...while my kids miss the prime for movie and TV show watching, we have Netflix and Hulu so it's not a huge loss. I will probably sign up for a free month trial in November just for holiday shopping purchases. I don't feel like I miss it...