CostCo vs Sam's vs BJ's

Which warehouse club is your favorite?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which warehouse club is your favorite?

• CostCo
    • Sam's Club
    • BJ's

Sam's has that too. The hot dog is 1/4 lb. (not sure of the sausage size, I never get them). And the drink is 32 oz.

I always choose the polish over the hot dog, it's delicious especially with deli mustard, a little ketchup and onions. Sometimes I'll even add relish.

noly have Sam's here, have never heard of BJ's. I used to work for american greetings and we had huge orders for christmas paper from costco but they wanted like 300 yds on one damn roll. Thoise rolls of paper were BIG and HEAVY as hell and I was a material handler and had to lift boxes full of those rolls. I hated this place called costco. Did anyone one here ever buy one bigass roll of christmas paper from costco? I ask becasue we used to wonder at the factory who would buy a roll of paper that big. You'd have enough paper for all your gifts on one roll for 3 years LOL

I bought one this year for about $10. It rang up as "Counter Roll". It was AWESOME!!! I wrapped all of the Santa gifts in it and it made it all the way through!!! I only had a little bit left. It was very nice looking paper and much heavier than the typical cheap stuff. Definitely good quality and I would buy again next year.

I have had BJ's for a long time because it's near my house and also because my mil pays for the membership every year. I do a lot of shopping there for Cub Scouts. This week I bought water, candy, and chips there for our snack stand for Pinewood Derby. Something I always buy at BJ's in bananas - 3lbs for 99 cents!

Before Christmas I signed up for Costco to buy a laptop and a digital SLR camera. I saved several hundred dollars. The Costco is kind of far from my house but I've been back a few times already. A couple weeks ago I wanted to add more carbon monoxide detectors to my house and we were in the neigborhood so we stopped at Costco. I got $47.99 list detectors for $24.99. One of them didn't work right and when hubby went back for a new one he got cash back and then had to go through the line again. When he went through the line the cashier gave him a $5 off coupon and he got it for $19.99! I'm very pleased with the deals.

I would go with either of BJ's or Costco, or both! I don't really like Sams and haven't shopped there for a long time now. That's just a personal thing because of the corporate ethics of the WalMart corporation. They'd make Sam Walton roll over in his grave, but that's a topic for another thread. ;) Also, I did buy a camcorder at Sam's in Florida while visiting my mom. I had a problem with it and did have trouble when returning it. BJ's and Costco are cake about returns. Costco even allows a 6 month return policy on electronics!

You're all forgetting CostCo's 2 huge advantages:

• Cheap 2 ply Kirkland brand toilet paper.
  • Hot dog or polish sausage and 20 ounce soft drink for $1.50

That Kirkland brand 2 ply TP is a wonderful product and very economical. It is the equivalent of 180 grit sandpaper ! It won't scratch glass but it's murder on your ... well you know ... :g_thumbri

Sams has the hot dog or kielbasa deal too. Complete with sauerkraut if you so choose that culinary atrocity. Costco has the less-artery-clogging Chicken Bake.

Sams has the hot dog or kielbasa deal too. Complete with sauerkraut if you so choose that culinary atrocity. Costco has the less-artery-clogging Chicken Bake.

LOL I have no comment regarding the toilet paper debate, I'll just :lmao: to myself.

The chicken bakes are nasty, I wish they had a marinara tomato based sauce.

I was CostCo member. Switched to Sams club last year as it was near to my house. But I still visit Cost Co just to check out the prices. The following are my observations.

1> Sams Club is cheaper than Cost Co in most of the products they carry.

2> CostCo gets a brand of electronic products first and Sams Club follows it after a few months/weeks.

3> Cost Co carries a much better selection of garments.

4> Cost Co is more friendly to their members. Return policy is better implemented there.

5> Cost Co timing is worse than Sams Club.

6> Cost Co accepts Amex card where as Sams Club accepts Discover cards.

I myself prefer BJ's, they have an awesome bakery and deli,

have lots of vendors handing out samples and coupons at

every aisle. Plus the fact that I get a free membership to BJ's

with my job. I went to Costco and I found it "too warehouse like"

by that I mean it was very dark and drab in there, BJ's seemed more

customer friendly, but that is just my humble opinion:cheesy:

The nearest Sams to me is about 45 minutes away. Also I like

BJ's optical and travel and cell phone services all right within the

store...one stop shopping.

PS

great clearance sales too:wizard:

I love, love, love Costco. I just spend way too much money because they have such a good variety of items! I get all kinds of clothes and shoes there as well as most of our food. All items have a lifetime warranty with the exception of computers, which have a 6 month warranty.

The customer service cannot be beat. I don't like Sam's because of the customer service and the long lines to check-out.

• 2 weeks later...

Growing up there was only BJ's in my area. Now I live near a Costco- had heard such good things about them for years, including that they get some high-end fancy foodstuffs.

Well seems to me that Costco carries a really limited number of brands- BJ's has all the cereals I like, Costco has none. I'm not sure about other items, but I definitely see the disparity in cereal and frozen food.

That said, the produce at Costco is always great.