WTB: Sofa, Loveseat, and laptops....where to go?

I've NEVER bought brand new furniture....

but I need a "small"" sofa and loveseat (70" and 60") and don't know whether to go to ArtVan, VanDrie, or any of those other big names. Who has the BEST deals...like clearance...on furniture? Mattresses? I need a new king that doesn't feel like a board!

Also in August i plan on getting at least 1, possible 2 laptops for my sons. I was looking at Sam'sClub, but I'm not sure about HP products...I've always had Gateways. Where's the best place and time of year to purchase laptop computers?

Thanks a million! :confused:;)

I've NEVER bought brand new furniture....

but I need a "small"" sofa and loveseat (70" and 60") and don't know whether to go to ArtVan, VanDrie, or any of those other big names. Who has the BEST deals...like clearance...on furniture? Mattresses? I need a new king that doesn't feel like a board!

Also in August i plan on getting at least 1, possible 2 laptops for my sons. I was looking at Sam'sClub, but I'm not sure about HP products...I've always had Gateways. Where's the best place and time of year to purchase laptop computers?

Thanks a million! :confused:;)

many questions....are the laptops for college? if so get the best dell you can afford.

Rooms to go has a new outlet here in North Florida. I havent checked it out but heard it is good. Also check your local consignment stores for new bed frames and then buy the mattress brand new....huge savings....Look for a bed maker in your area like Simmons or Sealy and see if they have a showroom for scratch and dent/tear and soil (like if the plastic came off and they got a little warehouse dust on it....)

many questions....are the laptops for college? if so get the best dell you can afford.

I have a son graduating HS this May and we are thinking about getting him a laptop for a graduation present & for college. Why should we get him a dell? I don't know too much about laptops and would appreciate any advice I can get!

If any Big Lots near you has their furniture section you can get some great deals on sofas+loveseats there. Just a sofa and loveset will typically run $600-$700, and you can usually get a coffee table and two end tables for something like $100 more.

Some of their stuff is junk (or course) but I've found that they definitely have some good stuff too.

I have a son graduating HS this May and we are thinking about getting him a laptop for a graduation present & for college. Why should we get him a dell? I don't know too much about laptops and would appreciate any advice I can get!

Overall performance and reliability. Without too much detail. Hubby is in computers. Has the ability use several brands of laptops, servers, hardware etc. Says overall for laptop their product is currently the most reliable and you get a better 'bang for your buck'.....Now you can go crazy and get a really expensive one but it would be better to maybe talk to a few studious college kids and see what kind of hardware they have and programs. Just make sure you have plenty of memory and server space...not sure if I am saying that right, hubby isnt handy for me to ask but if you will want something reliable with alot of storage space. also is he computer smart? I would suggest that he learn more than just the basics so that he isnt maybe using the internet and getting a bunch of cookies stored and not know how to clear them or getting alot of virus' and ad ware and not know the right way to get rid of that junk. It can seriously bog down even the best of computers.....

good luck, if you need one really cheap. Contact a few med to large companies in person and writing and see if they have any old laptops that they would be willing to get rid of. alot of times companies will upgrade in batches for their workforce and then get rid of the laptops.