netflix or blockbuster for online rental?

kyndig1

Recalled this discussion when I was explaining Netflix to my parents this week-trying to convince them to get that and get rid of premium channels (they actually upgraded to digital bc they cable co. made that cheaper- they don't watch most of the extra channels they get with digital so Netflix would be much cheaper all around).

Then I saw this item about Amazon offering content soon after shows- wonder if that will eat Netflix's lunch to some extent? What do you all think?\

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,193038,00.html

Not that anyone cares at this point...

Before Blockbuster, We chose Netflix purely for the series--such as 24 and Sopranos, etc. When Blockbuster came out we never even considered them. When we had an account with them, their movie return time was 2pm, and it was impossible and ridiculous--even if you rented at 9pm the night before--it was 2pm. We incurred too many late fees, which were also ridiculous. They also advertised they would never run out of movie (copies)--and they did.

(Netflix) We haven't had any throttling done to us. We have had a couple non-playable DVDs. We have had the mail people "misplace"--as one went missing when we had our mail on hold for vacation. We get our movies in 1-2 days and they return in 1-2 days.

(Netflix) We haven't had any throttling done to us. We have had a couple non-playable DVDs. We have had the mail people "misplace"--as one went missing when we had our mail on hold for vacation. We get our movies in 1-2 days and they return in 1-2 days.

We've had the same experience. We probably only go through 10-12 DVDs per month, so I don't think we are in the high volume users.

GamezNflix.com is cheaper than all the others too.

1 Out at a Time / $8.99 each month

2 Out at a Time / $12.99 each month

3 Out at a Time / $16.99 each month

6 Out at a Time - Annual / $249.00 per year

That's a combination of Games and Movies. Any combination for the same price. There is no other company like this. Right now I have about a 4 day turnaround, but the Texas distribution center is not open yet. They will be in Circuit City Stores starting in May. You can go to Circuit City's website now, listed under services, or you can go directly to the Gameznflix website.