Target Price Matching?

persse3

Will Target price match an online item to Walmart's online price?

I order from Walmart and not only did Walmart drop their price by $5, (making it $5.00 less then Targets price now), they will not price match!

Target has it buy 1 get 1 50% off. Even with the $10.00 more (I ordered two), I'd still make out better getting it from Target. They would be $45.00 at Target vs. $50 at Walmart, if they even price match their own deal.

At this point I'm not so sure it's about the money, I think it's the point. I spent over an hour on the phone tonight, customer service was VERY rude! Like I was doing something wrong. I explained to the man and his supervisor, per their own corporate website, they online price match as long as the item is in stock and there is a price (because it's a % off).

Wondering if I should try again tomorrow or just give up. We have 4 kids, Walmart was bound to see a good chuck of my Christmas budget, but after this, really second guessing it! It's a measly few bucks to them, but enough to show how little they give a crap. Hey I'm just a consumer, they don't need my business lol.

I've had a bad day, maybe I'm just overreacting.

Anyone else think it sounds like a problem?

I don't know the answer, but I think it's ridiculous that Walmart won't price match their own website.  I was in the store buying a controller and their website had it $10 less than the store.  They wouldn't price match, so I bought it while in the store on my phone had it shipped site to store and waited for an hour until it was ready to pick up.  Walmart is very difficult with online price matching!

Can you do the savings catcher for the difference?? 

I don't know the answer, but I think it's ridiculous that Walmart won't price match their own website. I was in the store buying a controller and their website had it $10 less than the store. They wouldn't price match, so I bought it while in the store on my phone had it shipped site to store and waited for an hour until it was ready to pick up. Walmart is very difficult with online price matching!

Can you do the savings catcher for the difference??

Not sure I haven't tried the price marcher yet.

I had the corporate thing open and read it to her (the supposed supervisor that had to ask the supervisor). It states it's at the service reps discretion.

It just the point now. Walmart and Target are right across from each other and I typically go Walmart. They were there first, prices are more reasonable most of the time. But for them to not even honor their own price, that's bs! I think I'll spend the extra few bucks and just head straight to Target from now on.

Policy started in the middle of October

I think so because it states no price matching online will be honored Black Friday or cyber Monday.

But it was just a normal sale, not one of them. Tuesday they still has the sale and item in stock. Walmart even lowered their own price by $5.00 overnight.

So I got the infamous virtual pro thing today ( the whole issue of price matching) and I only received 1!! I am furious! I paid for two. And the paint maker, they shipped it right in the box because apparently 2 come from crayola that way to them! Good thing my hub was here when they came and not my daughter! Grr!!

I called and of course was on hold for over 20 minutes. So annoyed and upset I just hung up. So done with Walmart!

Just wanted to update, Walmart is going to make it right!

They offered to either price match their price or Targets, which is all I wanted. They are sending me anther virtual one no charge to me for shipping and put a rush on it.

They couldn't do half off the paint maker because apparently their price went back to normal. But she did offer to take 1.95 off each of them, which is better then nothing.

Although I didn't get the price it should have been, I'm happy. They listened to my concerns and corrected it the best they could!

Thanks for reading and sorry for the rant.