Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Advice on Amazon Lightning Deals

4 replies to this topic

#1 Nat1128  OFFLINE  

Nat1128

Long Time Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 27, 2014 - 10:20 am

I'm not knocking Amazon at all, I love it. I'm a Prime member and besides the grocery store it's where I spend most of my discretionary income. However, before purchasing any lightning deal I take advantage of the 15 minute window to do two things:

#1 I go to the item page itself just to make sure there isn't another option/color that isn't even cheaper or more of a preference  than the one offered on the lightning deal. This is an example I just came across and was the catalyst for this thread:

http://www.amazon.co...rd_p=1980506282

You'll see the red option is the "lightning deal" but if you click on the blue option it's like a dollar less, but you would never know that if you didn't go to the product's page.

#2 I google the item to see if the lighting deal price is, in fact actually a "deal". I considered getting this for my husband, but then when I googled I saw they had it at a few stores for the same price as the "Lightning Deal" of $69. The main page says $89, but if you are reading this very soon after I post it you might still be able to find it listed in the deals.

http://www.amazon.co...rd_p=1980506282

I'm sure others have mentioned these issues before, but I felt they were worth bring up again. I hate to see people spend money thinking they are getting a deal when they aren't

Edited by Nat112875, Nov 27, 2014 - 10:21 am.

#2 kimmie1970  OFFLINE  

kimmie1970

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 27, 2014 - 3:12 pm

Thank you for sharing!   
I think I want that bookshelf.  I am a teacher and it would go great in my classroom...but I am too cheap to buy it right now :)

Thank you for taking the time to share!

#3 irisbee  OFFLINE  

irisbee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 131 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 28, 2014 - 4:57 am

You can also check camelcamelcamel.com to see how low amazon has sold it for in the past. 

#4 Nat1128  OFFLINE  

Nat1128

Long Time Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 28, 2014 - 8:36 am

Now today the blue shelf is $122 and the red one is $167.

#5 cllehto  OFFLINE  

cllehto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Oct 23, 2021 - 1:17 pm

When I see an upcoming gold box deal I'm interested in, I check the price. Often the gold box price will be higher than it was before the gold box deal started.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users