Pricing on Canon Rebel t3i

This is a pretty old camera.  IF they still have deadstock they'd want to move, then maybe on BF, but I think you're going to see more deals on the T5i, which are around the same price.

How old is your daughter? Does she need a DSLR? What does she want to do with her photography?

Best Tip I'd say is to start subscribing to Camera Stores online and find one that does shipping, It won't be advertised on the forum for the most part, because smaller shops are normally last emails received.  You can figure out would might have one and just call and ask, they may be willing to tell you if they are going to put them on sale.  Explain that you don't live in the area and are wanting to purchase one thru them, make an account and get everything ready.  Thats what I'd suggest you may find a few deals on them but after the main ads leak you'll be able to compare probably bye Saturday or Sunday of the Week of Thanksgiving.  I know that may be later than what you plan on trying to figure a deal out, but I think you'd get the best deal from a specialty store.

I purchased my daughter, also a teen, a used cannon rebel camera at Murphy's a local camera store here in Louisville KY.  Murphy's provided us a complimentary class. Check out your local  photography stores in your area or call  a camera store to see if they have any used cannons for sale. I know Murphy's has a web site. Ours was a good investment and my 15 year old is learning  to use her DSLR and enyoying her camera.

My daughter is a teen, she wants to use it for photography for social accounts and her interest in photography. She is a beginner, obviously. I'm open to any advice, she is pretty certain she wants a canon.

I'd probably keep watching the prices on the t5i.  Canon Price Watch is a site you can use to track.  The t3i isn't going to drop a ridiculous amount.

Has she played with the size of the camera yet?  You can see if the SL1, if it's still kicking, is an option - it's smaller. I've shoved that in a purse. (well it's a large-ish purse, but hey, it fit in my purse with ease.)

I also have a pocket sized Canon (S110, new model is S120 and will probably have deals on BF), which has manual modes, which is an interesting inbetween - manual control in a P&S.