OR/WA Mervyn's Closing by "next year"

meetooo

i remember when Montgomery Wards went out in our town (i recently found them online tho, with some good deals... forgot the URL). They had a mark down clearance, based on days... like the first week 25% off, the second 50% off, and so on. I got SO MANY dang good deals (like leather ladies shoes that i STILL wear for a buck, etc) and I practically lived there for a month... going every day to see what was newly put out and newly reduced. It was a blast. I remember too when Rite Aid's new year clearances were AWESOME. I got a panasonic CD player boom box for $8, and it is a rival for my stereo as far as sound goes.

I can't wait to see prices dropping at Mervyn's!

Smelso/Longpew here....... oops... I mean Kelso/Longview WA here. We have the destinct designation of having the HIGHEST rate of Gonorrhea in the state (over seattle and tacoma... shrug)! I am SO proud!

Edit: ... and purposely single and celebate. (er, the single part isn't purposely, but becoming a necessity with the news reports of late.)

• 1 month later...

Just an update on the Mervyn's in OR/WA

I went to the Vancouver Mall store and the one in Clackamas. Sales are at 40-50% off almost everything now (kitchenaid stuff was only 30%, etc.). I'm hoping next week it drops even more. Seemed like they still had a lot of stuff left

Mervyns is based in Cali. so they'll remain there and only a few other places. Target sold Mervyn's. They just closed down here in MI. and there clearance sales were great, everything went pretty fast. They sold EVERYTHING that wasn't nailed down. Displays and display tables. Great deals for anyone who has small businesses/stores. The display furniture wasn't selling fast enough so they ended up slashing them from 10-20 dollars.

I got a cool spinning sunglass display rack for 10 bucks.............I have alot of costume jewelry pieces. I painted it and lined the small side shelves with felt and put it in my walk in closet. Now I can "see" all my jewelry and every morning, its like shopping in my own closet spinning it to see what to wear!