Need recommendation for DSL

erica

I've been looking into DSL services and found that SBC is offering $16.99/mo for 6 mos. Total bill incl. local phone, caller ID, call waiting etc would be around $41. After six mos DSL would be about $30, so total bill monthly would be around $54.

Should I take this offer? Any recommendation or anyone know about other carriers?

Thx in advance.

I just signed up for Verizon - $14.95/month forever (or until they decide to raise it). Also, I am on AOL, and through this deal I got to cut my AOL bill down to $8.95/month, also forever (or until...) I know, I know, I don't NEED AOL but I've used it since 1994 and I just like it...

Guest all2tired
I have verizon also and it came with free MSN which is what I had before moving into the 21st century (dial up) So I got to keep my old addis as well as get some new ones. :)

We have SBC DSL and i was (and am) very happy... $16.95 per month, plus a $60 visa cash card...

the term of service is 6 months right now, but they're telling me that the price isn't expected to rise... you can get the promotional pricing again upon completion of your riginal contract...

..of course modem was free after mail-in rebate

We have SBC DSL and i was (and am) very happy... $16.95 per month, plus a $60 visa cash card...

the term of service is 6 months right now, but they're telling me that the price isn't expected to rise... you can get the promotional pricing again upon completion of your riginal contract...

..of course modem was free after mail-in rebate

Do you know if this is for new activations or addresses only? I have SBC DSL for $23.95 and wouldn't mind cancelling and re-enrolling if it's possible.

Do you know if this is for new activations or addresses only? I have SBC DSL for $23.95 and wouldn't mind cancelling and re-enrolling if it's possible.

when i lived back in MO, they were running a special fro 14.95 fro DSL and at that time, i was paying 34.95. and the commercial on TV that was advertising the 14.95 said for new customers only. well we had been with SBC for a while, but i decided to give it a shot anyways. I called them and they gave it to me for 14.95. so i would call them and ask them about the current offer. or look on here and see what it says. http://www.sbc.com/gen/landing-pages?pid=7555

I thought if you called customer service, they would re-assign you to the new plan and extend your contract by 6 months. Although, the web site says new customers only. My dad talked to them and they told him that they are extending contracts at the promo prices right now.

Looks like the SBC-ATT merger has made the pages hard to find. Here is a link I found to their pkg deals right now:

https://swot.sbc.com/swot/dslMassMarketCatalog.do?do=view&serviceType=DYNAMICIP

This might be a more direct link:

http://www.sbc.com/gen/general?pid=6431

They were offering referral credits to SBC customers. I dunno if it's still active. You could go to sbcreferral.com and enter a customer code to pass on the referral (my code is TB4185001).

Here is a .pdf link to the specifics of their current offers from the sbc referral page:

http://sbcreferral.com/Images/PDF/DSL.pdf

I would definitely call customer service. They have leeway on these issues, I think. For the most part, there CS has been very, very good to me :)

Note: You must be an SBC customer (phone) to get their DSL. Also, I have the DSL Express, and the speeds are great.

Hope this helps,

Joanne

Thanks for the tips! I ck'd with SBC and looks like you have to sign up for their local long distance and have 3 custom calling features to qualify for the DSL promo. Their long distance rates are higher than what Sprint charges, which is what we have so guess we're sticking with our setup. Doesn't hurt to ck every once in a while though.

I signed up with SBC at Best Buy yesterday and it will be activated next week, I can't wait to have it now....:)

Interesting thing is that the gentleman at BB said that my bill will just be added $16.95 per month, no need to sign up for long distance, caller id etc....I only have basic local phone service with SBC with nothing else, so let's see..

The modem is not free, it $69.99 plus tax and I will only get $60 MIR, but it's ok since I will get $75 BB's GC.

Thanks all for your info and suggestions :)