ISO Farm toy set, pref under $30, by Saturday if poss.

noehlp

Help. My youngest dd, bday this Saturday, wants a Farm Set.

Does anyone know of a store that I can go to in person, NOT ONLINE PLEASE unless it's a super hot deal.

I would like it to be under $30, but a little above is okay.

The kind I am looking for has a barn, some animals, maybe a fence or a tractor. Not too particular just looking for something similar.

Thanks for any and all help I get!

Duh me. Thanks for reminding me gemini to tell you guys where I have looked.

These are the local stores, but if you find something in the ones I post let me know and I will call surrounding areas, as I am willing to drive a bit for this.

I've tried:

Walmart (nada)

Toys R Us (they had either a little tykes or fisher price one but it was more for a 1/2 yr old and it was $35 and was only the barn and like 4 figures, not worth it to me)

Target (the only thing I found was $7 clearanced but was VERY cheap material wise, very cheap plastic stuff and ugly. lol)

Kmart (nada thing)

Have you tried Thiesen's on the SW side? They had a bunch of farm toys before Christmas and I think they stock a smaller amount of toys throughout the year as well.

Or that Rainbow Toys store in the newer strip mall by SW side Kmart? Or maybe The Learning Ladder by Michaels on the NE side.

Do try the TSC that someone else mentioned if you have one near you. They carry a lot of farm toys and every one that I saw there before Christmas was made of sturdy metal. They carry stuff like that year round so they should still have some there.

I don't know what age group you are looking for but Walmart has a really cute John Deere set that has three tractors, two horses, two cows, a dog,some fence pieces, a haycutter and a windmill all for $19 or $20. It is all of those cute heavy made chunky metal tractors and trucks with the eyes. No barn though. Ds got one for Christmas and loves it even the 6mo plays with it too. hth.;)

Have you tried Thiesen's on the SW side? They had a bunch of farm toys before Christmas and I think they stock a smaller amount of toys throughout the year as well.

Or that Rainbow Toys store in the newer strip mall by SW side Kmart? Or maybe The Learning Ladder by Michaels on the NE side.

Hey another Cedar Rapidsian! Yahoo!

I was planning on checking Theisen's tomorrow and might as well check Rainbow Toys while I am near there. Though I have always found they are a bit overpriced. I looked online at The Learning Ladder, will have to try to call them.

Thanks!

i just looked at sears under farm toys or something like that they have a couple farm sets for under 30

kb toys

Hey thanks! I looked at Sears.com and they had a good one! Farmer Macs Talking Farm Playset. It is attachable to wooden train sets. Which I bought her a wooden train set from Target for 19.99. Now I just hope they carry it in the store. I will call the local one and another one in Iowa City.

I don't have a KB toys nearby anymore.

I am still looking until I find 'the one'. Keep your ideas a coming, pretty please with sugar on top!

I don't know how old she is, but my mom just got my youngest niece (3) a Duplo farm set for her birthday. We'd never seen anything like it before, but Target had it and there were only a couple on the shelf.

It comes with all of the pieces to build the barn pretty much any way you want (box shows different variations, but no instructions are included... it is easy to build it from the box pictures though). It also comes with fence pieces, a tractor with a couple of tractor add-ons, some animals (cows, pigs, horse) and a couple of people.

If you can't find that, again depending on age, you should be able to come across the Little People barn pretty easily.