Circuit City customer service??

jessicaw

I went onlline in search of a suround sound system for my husband on Tuesday, and ended up finding one during there 5 hour sale that was perfect. I clicked below the listed price to see the sale price, and it came up with "you save $101. (original price 499.99, sale price 389.99) so I was very excited and decided to purchase and pick up at store. So after entering into my cart, i notice it is priced at 449.99 in the cart, so i called there 1-800 number and got someone that barely knew english and he ashured me they would have that correct within 1/2 hour for the price of 389.99. I went back on after that half hour, and they changed it to 449.99. I was smart however, and before it changed i printed a copy of the 389.99 price. Ended up taking that to the store last evening, and no questions asked got that sale price. I was extremly happy...and so will be my husband on Christmas morning.

I love Circuit Citys Customer Service in the store. When Sears had the Mickey Tv priced at $29.99 and wouldnt honor--I took the online print out to Circuit City---the sales guy kept saying "we dont honor online prices" and the whole time he is muttering that, the manager was ringing mine and my friends Mickey Tv up for $29.99!!!!!!!!!!!! SO needless to say---they now have a loyal customer while Sears lost one!

I got horrible service at CC. I ordered items from their 5 hr. sale. Really just wanted the am/fm radio for $5.00 but added enough other things to get free shipping. When I checked out, they could only ship some of the items. I had to go to the store to pick up the rest. Received phone call that items I ordered were not in the store and they would substitute a similar item. Husband spent 45 minutes in store trying to pick up 3 items. Came home with 2 as they were out of another item I ordered. Never again!!! E-mailed the company with complaints and just got a fluffy e-mail in return.

I have to defend CC. In the past I hated them because they started the whole "15% restocking fee" mess. But as I deal with the zoo-like atmosphere at BestBuy, not to mention their lackluster prices, I have been drawn to CC more and more. In the last six months I have purchased 2 miniDV cameras, an IPAQ, Canon digital camera, 30" HDTV, and a vcr! They have been great. When I bought the tv they gave me a $50.00 giftcard. A week later, BestBuy had the same tv with a $100 giftcard (but higher price). I called CC and they said we'll look up your original purchase in the system and you can come by and get the additional $50 giftcard. No complaints here!