Don't forget if you live in Louisiana we have a 3 day state tax free weekend

Spooot

coming up this weekend!!! Whoo-hooo

Anything under $2,500.00 is eligible for the tax exemption, for purchases in excess of $2,500, the exemption will be applied to the first $2,500.. Now if there was someplace to shop closer than 30 miles away. Wal-Mart ain't gonna cut it here, we are a small town of 11,000 and our Wal-Mart is trying to accomodate shopping for at least 6 other parishes (counties) that lost everything. Slim pickins' here.:gd_stars:

coming up this weekend!!! Whoo-hooo

Anything under $2,500.00 is eligible for the tax exemption, for purchases in excess of $2,500, the exemption will be applied to the first $2,500..

Just remember that participation in this event is strictly voluntary and retailers can choose not to take part in this tax holiday. The exemption only applies to the 4% state tax; the retailer still has to charge you any local taxes that are applicable to your municipality.

Guest dineaux
That was nice while it lasted. Still had a 5% EBR Parish tax. Still better than a sharp stick in the eye. Now if they could just do something with this traffic. Does anyone remember the good ol' days pre-k(atrina)?

That was nice while it lasted. Still had a 5% EBR Parish tax. Still better than a sharp stick in the eye. Now if they could just do something with this traffic. Does anyone remember the good ol' days pre-k(atrina)?

They keep saying on the local news that less than half of the pre-Katrina New Orleans metro-area residents have returned, yet traffic seems to have doubled. Worse, there is no longer a morning rush hour and an evening rush hour; it's rush hour all day long! The only explanation I can think of is that since there are fewer residents the extra traffic must be due to out-of-owners sent here to work after Katrina (insurance adjustors, contractors, relief workers, etc.) Since they're not as familiar with the roads as the locals perhaps they drive slower while looking for certain addresses or trying to figure out where they're at or where they're going.

I don't know, we went to Lafayette yesterday and the traffic was a nightmare, it was bad before Katrina and Rita, but now it's just impossible. The trick is to get out and about by 9AM and get out of town by noon especially on the weekdays. Weekends fergitaboutit. I just as soon drive through Houston as Lafayette right now, they were hit pretty hard with Katrina and Rita evacuees, and alot of them never left. The infrastructure and roads in Lafayette weren't engineered for as much traffic as they have now. Lake Charles isn't much better.

Guest dineaux

Beat this -

It took 45 minutes for me to get from Bluebonnet to Essen via Perkins Road at 10 am today. BUMPER TO BUMPER. I am glad I telecommute.