DVD recorders, 79 bucks, WHERE?

Guest Deals4Me

Guest Deals4Me

I know I've seen them at that price...but apparently not at walmart anymore... Where else has a decent price? UNDER $100 preferably...

And what else would I need? This is for hubby's christmas present...and I am at a loss as what else, if not this to get him.... and walmart explaination helps none.

DVD-R: Stands for DVD Recordable in the minus (-) format, usually with 4.7 GB of free space. They can be recorded on only once and hold up to 6 hours of material.

DVD+R: Stands for DVD Recordable in the plus (+) format, usually with 4.7 GB of free space. They can be recorded on only once and hold up to 6 hours of material.

you will need to get the recorder (obviously) and then the blank dvd-r's to record on.

+ and - are just two different types of blank dvd's.

dvd-r are more widely accepted in dvd players. for some reason, mine will only read the +R discs correctly. there's some technical site that explains it, but even when i read it, it doesn't make that much sense.

the recorder should come with some blank dvd's for you to use, and then you will need to get your own. i personally like the fujifilm dvd-r's (and when you're buying them, try to get the ones that say made in japan on them)

I know I've seen them at that price...but apparently not at walmart anymore... Where else has a decent price? UNDER $100 preferably...

You are correct and I know where I saw them for $79.99

At Best Buy they were on sale for $99 - $20 MIR = $79 for a DVD Recorder.

actually the big bf one i got was on sale on the site for 150 w/ an $80 rebate, awesome for a samsung

for basic recording all you need is the machine & blank discs, just like when you burn cd's...the dvds used to be very expensive but have come down a lot in price lately so you should be able to get a good deal...if it's stuff to record & keep (like forever) you can record once on -r's or +r's (ive never understood the diff myself) but if you want to record, watch, & record over that's what rw's are for

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Unregistered

Checkout Phillips Outlet Store outlet.philips.com

They have a couple of models for $83/ea

And what else would I need? This is for hubby's christmas present...and I am at a loss as what else, if not this to get him.... and walmart explaination helps none.

DVD-R: Stands for DVD Recordable in the minus (-) format, usually with 4.7 GB of free space. They can be recorded on only once and hold up to 6 hours of material.

DVD+R: Stands for DVD Recordable in the plus (+) format, usually with 4.7 GB of free space. They can be recorded on only once and hold up to 6 hours of material.