Walmart Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

Just a reminder (think I'll post this in the Tablets discussion too): You DO NOT need to use a Surface (or any Windows tablet, for that matter) to be able to work with Office-compatible documents. I'm not against any of those things, but you can find Android apps that do what you need (my ASUS tablet even has a pre-loaded office suite); there's no need to limit yourself.

Just got back from checking out the Wal-Mart in South Haven, MI.  I've never seen the pallets out so early before!  No one was really watching what was going on.  I could of grabbed some of the clothing items, taken them to the register and checked out.  But, being an ethical "Black Friday" shopper, I'll wait for the 6pm sale on Thursday.   There was a layout sheet left in a cart from one of the employees that showed where exactly everything was going to be in the store (more accurate than the website.)  Hoping it will give me the jump on everyone else on Thursday!

• Like 1

Just got back from checking out the Wal-Mart in South Haven, MI.  I've never seen the pallets out so early before!  No one was really watching what was going on.  I could of grabbed some of the clothing items, taken them to the register and checked out.  But, being an ethical "Black Friday" shopper, I'll wait for the 6pm sale on Thursday.   There was a layout sheet left in a cart from one of the employees that showed where exactly everything was going to be in the store (more accurate than the website.)  Hoping it will give me the jump on everyone else on Thursday!

is your store closed tomorrow?

Ya they had pretty much everything out in mine. We where there around 7PM picking up some last minute stuff for dinner tomorrow. Everything was wrapped and labeled with dates and times. People were working on displays, didn't see any of the big electronics out yet though.

Would someone direct to where on the Walmart website the store maps are?  Thanks!

If you click on the big black friday ad on the main page right above it there is a link that says Map Out your IN STORE black friday trip. I would post a link but I think the link has my specific store in it.

Well, got 2 of the 32" TVs (tickets for them anyway), one of the 23" ones, and some other random stuff.  I saw people with 3 and more of the Funai TVs in their cart.  They totally weren't caring about the 1 per person thing.

Too bad the 1hourguarantee site is being throttled because it's getting hammered.

Edited by kelemvor

My wife just read in the local paper that the Land O Lakes Wal Mart ran out of the 1 hour guarantee things refused to do anything and asked the police on site to tell the customers and make them go away. BAD PR in my eyes.

They ran out or certificates?  My place just had a stack of cards and gave them to whoever wanted one.  Even asked how many you wanted.  Lots of people whining on the walmart FB page too although I had no problems at the store.  The website is crap though.  Took me about 50 tries to get through the "check out" procedure on the website due to eh high volume I"m sure.

They ran out or certificates?  My place just had a stack of cards and gave them to whoever wanted one.  Even asked how many you wanted.  Lots of people whining on the walmart FB page too although I had no problems at the store.  The website is crap though.  Took me about 50 tries to get through the "check out" procedure on the website due to eh high volume I"m sure.

Ya they ran out and then didn't even have the decency to say anything had the local police tell people and then send them away. One would think between this type of stuff and the fights Wal Mart would figure out a better way of doing things.

The woman who was handing out the vouchers explained it this way - the one hour guarantee was for people who received the bracelet.  If you had a bracelet, then you were leaving the store with a tv.  Anyone was guaranteed a tv with a voucher until 2 AM.  You paid for it at the register and it was sent site to store.  There wasn't a limit as to how many vouchers one person could receive.  I passed on it.  I didn't need another tv and wasn't sure about Funai.  

The woman who was handing out the vouchers explained it this way - the one hour guarantee was for people who received the bracelet.  If you had a bracelet, then you were leaving the store with a tv.  Anyone was guaranteed a tv with a voucher until 2 AM.  You paid for it at the register and it was sent site to store.  There wasn't a limit as to how many vouchers one person could receive.  I passed on it.  I didn't need another tv and wasn't sure about Funai.  

The 1 hour guarantee part was supposed to be for the vouchers.  They were supposed to stop handing them out at 7PM.  They should have had the same number of wristbands as TVs they had so anyone with a band got a physical TV.

But I guess each store handled it differently. I got my tickets and placed the orders online so I'm good. :)

Hope everyone else had luck yesterday and today.