Help First DVD-Recorder.

whafs8

@Whafs8

Recorders has a specified format on what it can use to burn like my cyberhome 1600 it can only burn to + format but it can read any format i put into it, so better read the manual or most of the time its outside the box

BR

Some dvd players won't play the - dvd. I would get the + dvds. This is what I buy all the time and haven't had any trouble with them.

My brother said that his Xbox won't play + dvds. So it really depends on what you are going to use as a player once the dvd is finalized.

You have to look at the DVD recorder you have. Check the manual, it will be either + or - or both. You can not use + in a - only recorder, or a - in a + only recorder. Quality wise there is no difference, but you can only use what your recorder is designed for.

what does the + and - mean anyway i went to buy some of these yest for hubby stocking and had no idea what ones to get..

The thing i know about the + and - is that way back when DVD's where just being introduced there was just the + which was introduced by company A cause i forgot the exact company but Sony did not want to follow the trend or shall i say they wanted a format of their own so came -, thats how i remember the story but the story can be the other way around,

So +- formats doest have any difference at all just the compatibility with your dvd player or recorder.....:cookiemon

I suggest you better inquire on where your hubby would use them so that the compatibility issue wont be a concern later on

We bought a DVD Recorder from BF at Walmart. and I have no idea what to buy as far as DVD-R or RW or +-. Please help. I want to record other DVD's and VHS but do not know what to buy. Thanks

The dvd-r (+ and -) are one time use discs. Once you finalize them, it's permanent.

The dvd-rw (+ and -) are re-writeable so they can be used over and over. A good use for these is if you have a tv show you want to record every week to just watch once and not save forever.