Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Strange shopping cart Snowstorm at Walmart.com.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

President, Black Friday Vacationers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,946 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 7, 2013 - 1:53 am

Did you notice the frenzy yesterday? Early yesterday, Walmart experienced a large influx of shoppers trying to get items at supposedly Black Friday Prices. items were selling out in minutes. $300 50 inch TV, $329 46 in LED TV, etc. If you were late to the party, you got a nested loop where their logo constantly snowed into your ever refilling shopping cart!

In other news, I did get the 10.1 inch XELIO tablet....Rated a 3 out of 5 so far....

#2 arci122  OFFLINE  

arci122

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 7, 2013 - 3:34 am

News said they were canceling all orders and giving at $10.00 gift card for the inconvenience.

#3 nini  OFFLINE  

nini

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 74 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 7, 2013 - 4:55 am

I wonder if the whole thing gives some insight into their Black Friday ad. If it wasn't a hacker, maybe it was BF website prep gone wrong.

#4 peppysfireball  OFFLINE  

peppysfireball

• 2,084 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 6, 2013 - 9:03 pm

It wasnt' a hacker. They said it was a technical mistake. Many things were marked up to 356, lots of legos, monster high dollls. Things weren't at black friday prices, they were 90% off and more. A 150.00 book set was 3.05. Most all the books were 3.05. I got the cancellation email today with the 10.00 gift card, but on online deals post about this whole thing, many people picked their items up immediately in store. 

#5 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

President, Black Friday Vacationers

• 1,946 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 10, 2013 - 9:03 am

Well, I am glad that some people got what they ordered. It was one very interesting day! Closing thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users