Sam's Club Pre-Black Friday Holiday VIP Preview

Brad

I went on Thursday and upgraded my business membership to a business plus. they said no one is getting in without a plus membership AND a invite, I'm heading over around 3:30, since I'm going for the SG4 phone and the HP laptop. They will be handing out tickets to people in line for both items and then when you get in the store, you can get the item. Sounds like the same strategy they are doing with the Walmart wristbands this year.

They are only going to sign up 10 phones that night since it takes 30 min. To activate each phone. Anyone else wanting a phone will have to sign up for appointments (mon-wed). They said they have 200+ SG4's in the store , so I'm not to worried about getting one. There seems to be less iPhones. This information came from the phone rep at SAMs and the store manager.

The phone rep said it will take 3 calls to Verizon, but you can get the $30 activation fee waved for the new phones! good luck,

Yes, they told me that as well when I called about the invitation I was sent. My friend phoned the other day and asked if she would be allowed to bring a guest, and they told her yes, but that they would have to be with her and use her membership card when they checked out.

• Like 1

I did and everything went well.

ETA: Interestingly enough there were several people at the sale that had regular memberships. They said they received invitations in the mail as well, so obviously if you had a invitation it didn't matter what type of membership you had.

Edited by KrisinTn

We got in line around 6:30. We were able to get the 55" Samsung, the Samsung Soundbar, the Job Rocker and then some. They didn't have many phones and there was a huge line for them… That is one item they should have used tickets for. Check out was smooth, which surprised me. The problem that many of us had - There were no employees to help direct people to locate the sale items. It was a little hectic as people were trying to search for item numbers… Overall, not too bad. 

I had to upgrade to a plus membership. Line started forming at 3:30. I sat in the truck until about 4:00 , listening to the Vikings game, while still monitoring the line. I was 6th in line. It was a long cold 3 hours. Don't forget your chairs, and keep your feet warm. Went very smooth, they started giving out tickets around 6pm, just for the 70 vizio, laptop, and cell phones. They didn't hand out tickets for the samsung tvs at all. 

I got my 70" vizio, and picked up the vacuum for my parents. Had the TV home, unpacked, hooked up and hanging on the wall in time for the second half of Sunday Night Football. It's entirely too big, and I love it. 

• Like 1

Our store was not organized at all!  They did give out tickets for the phones.  We were told they would stay as long as needed to activate anyone who wanted to stay or you could make an appointment to come back Mon - Wed.  Several of us were directed to the wrong line, who would have been at the beginning of the line.  By time we got to the desk we were told all evening appointments were gone and they were only activing 10 phones last night!  They did finally agree to do 7:30 appts on Tuesday and Wednesday night.  Now, I hear there is a big store with ice and freezing rain for tomorrow.  I can't travel in that. I called the Manager this morning and he is willing to do nothing.  I can have a 2:00p appointent tomorrow instead.  How does that help?  I asked if they would extend to a 7:30p tonight, but they will not.  Riduculous!  I stood in line for 2 hours for the phone ticket, another hour to make an appointment and now probably won't even be able to get the phones!  Not a happy person.