Rossman need more of you awsome Dell advice

Mara

Ok seems like everyone wants my help getting a Computer lol. I helped my friend take advantage of the pervios Dell deal upgrading it nicely for a good price. Now her husband wants one. Thing is he is in Iraq and won't be back till end of April early May so we have time. I told her it would be wise to hold out and see what other deals Dell came out with and if they had another end of the quarter sale between now and then maybe. When do you think there next big clear them out sale might be? A bit after the holidays maybe to pick up first quarter sales. I remember a majorly killer droll all over sale at the end of one of there quarters a while back. What are your thoughts on this. Gotta get this soldier a good deal for his welcome home gift :) :gd_not_ri

Thanks Mara

they want a laptop not a computer. Budget probably around the $800 range I would guess. It will go to the state of KY to Fort Campbell Army base. We can order Dell deals through the Army to avoid shipping and tax but end of quarter deals are normally better than what they offer on the Army Dell site. Sometimes its the same it varies lol. When will the first quarter end. Just wondering if your guy and experience says watch for sales around ____ :) thanks Rossman

Mara

are there any deals on an inspiron 6000 or something 6000-class similar? right now it's 750, i found a 80 off coupon, but i don't know if there's anything better. or maybe there's a better widescreen laptop out there. thanks if anyone can help!

Akuma I had the 6000 and loved it (We payed more then 750). It actually got broke by my husband and we upgraded to the 8600. We bought our 6000 for road trip dvd playing and surfing. We upgraded the memory and hard drive and it was even great for online gaming. We love all our dells that we own and are plan on purchasing again very soon.

This is my first post.

Sorry to butt in...

I wonder if you could help me to find a deal on a laptop too. I need one that is 4.5 lbs or less. Shipped to Louisiana. Priced between 500 to 800?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. 2manicmom

2manicmom, the only company that I know of that makes the lightweight laptops for under $1000 is Averatec. I'm currently typing from one that's about 2 years old that has heat issues, but the new ones apparently are not as bad. I am looking at the 2100 as my next notebook (very soon!) because the heavier and bigger ones give me migraines.

This one wasn't on the web site. They had several models in the store and 2 or 3 had clearance prices with rebates.

The one I bought is AV3360-EH1

Intel Pentium M Processor 725

12.1 XGA TFT Screen

512 MB DDR, 80GB HD

DVD burner

3 in 1 memory reader

802.11g, 10/100 ethernet

Microsoft works

It is 4.6 lbs I think.

Price $862.96 plus tax -$100 mail in rebate

The other models that were on clearance had different processors. One was a celeron and the other was a turion (model 4100 I think) more expensive and heavier.

I am in Lafayette, LA. My son checked at a CC in Seattle and they did not have the same stock.