How I got the CC laptop for $199 without AOL

g8or

I paid with a Visa Gift Card which works like a credit card with $300 balance on it to pay for the $199 laptop and then I used the remaining balnce on the Visa Gift Card at BB on Black Friday. So now AOL can't charge me on the card

EDIT: I never gave my address or social security number. I'm in college so I gave them my dorm's phone # and on the CC computer it shows up as a different address.

EDIT: ok its scarying me after reading the replies. i'm going to call AOL to change my card number. But I don't get it there was no contract that I had to sign. I'll ask to see if I can cancel.

I hope no collection agencies will be calling you this Xmas! I mean I hope it works out for you, but don't hold your breath.

I never gave my address or social security number. I'm in college so I gave them my dorm's phone # and on the CC computer it shows up as a different address.

I paid with a Visa Gift Card which works like a credit card with $300 balance on it to pay for the $199 laptop and then I used the remaining balnce on the Visa Gift Card at BB on Black Friday. So now AOL can't charge me on the card :gd_orange

EDIT: I never gave my address or social security number. I'm in college so I gave them my dorm's phone # and on the CC computer it shows up as a different address.

While you may think its okay to advocate outright fraud (because that is exactly what you are doing), I don't think this is what GottaDeal is about.

You signed a contract and now you are hoping that AOL/CompUSA cannot find you to make you pay the amount stipulated in the contract.

Go away.

While you may think its okay to advocate outright fraud (because that is exactly what you are doing), I don't think this is what GottaDeal is about.

You signed a contract and now you are hoping that AOL/CompUSA cannot find you to make you pay the amount stipulated in the contract.

Go away.

Oh ok sorry. but thats how I paid, but that wasn't what the card was really for I had it since my birthday since October so it wasn't just I got the card to purposely get the laptop. I'll call AOL to change my card number. Anyway still a great deal even with $14.95 a month which cost to final price of laptop $479. Does anyone know if its only $14.95 or $14.95 plus tax?

Oh ok sorry. but thats how I paid, but that wasn't what the card was really for I had it since my birthday since October so it wasn't just I got the card to purposely get the laptop. I'll call AOL to change my card number. Anyway still a great deal even with $14.95 a month which cost to final price of laptop $479. Does anyone know if its only $14.95 or $14.95 plus tax?

Yes, be sure to keep us up to date on how your *call* with AOL goes :squint:

It was never a great deal at $479. That is why they had so many left over the following day.