I'm so disappointed in people

Guest all2tired

I hate people who go and get the deals and sell the stuff for double, triple (sometimes even more) than what they paid, when there was people waiting for hours to get an item.

The simple fact is as I've pointed out in another thread, there is absolutely nothing wrong with buying simply to resell. Before I explain my logic, I will freely admit that I did it. My sole intention was to resell and I bought NOTHING that I am keeping/giving as a gift. I got 2 eMachines (3 now, a friend gave me his for $150 cuz he didn't wanna put up with EBay) an MP3 player and a flash drive.

Now I got in line at 9:30 PM on Thanksgiving night because I knew that, for me, I was willing to wait 7 1/2 hours in order to turn a profit of 500 bucks or so. I could just as easily gotten in line at the same time because I was determined to get them and give them to family members. I could also have gotten in line at that time to show that I hate eMachines. I could've bought the computers, ran outside with them, taken a sledgehammer and smashed them to pieces in the parking lot as a form of protest. The simple fact remains, I got one, you didn't. Whether I choose to use mine as a gift, an investment, a personal computer or chop it up and flush it down the toilet, the fact remains that I was there first and wanted to buy it.

Why is it wrong to buy something on sale and then put it on EBay? The computer regularly retails at $450 + tax. If it sells for $400 on EBay, I am making money for the time I spent freezing my rear off and the buyer is saving $50 off of the price he'd get if he walked into the store right now to buy it. For me, I have no sympathy for people not getting these types of doorbuster items from places that hand out tickets. If it was Wal-Mart...I'd be a little more sympathetic but Best Buy and many others were simply this, who was willing to deal with being uncomfortable and bored for a long enough amount of time. This year...it was me.

Next year, perhaps everyone who missed out will learn from people like me and get in line earlier.

-----------------------------------------------

That being said, if the resale value is as good next year as it was this year, I'll be in line at 6 or 7 PM so plan ahead fellow Hoosiers.

What is wrong with it? I can't make money? Its simple supply and demand. If someone wanted a desktop for $150 they should have waited in line for one.

I did wait in line for one . For almost 6 hours only to find out that the first 3 poeple were going to get them all. Is that fair. I dont think so. I dont blame the people I blame Best buy for not limitiing them to one per person :mad:

Just to chip in here, I bought four Xbox 360s the day they came out. I only planned on buying two, one to keep and either give the second away as a Christmas gift or resell it. After waiting six hours in the freezing cold at Target and getting a ticket, I had the bright idea to run over to Sam's Club (I have a business membership, so I get in at 7AM instead of 10AM). There was already a line. Once we get in we see the bundle they have is $50 more, and comes with an extra wireless controller (worth $50 by itself) and the play and charge kit (didn't know what it was worth at the time, later found it it was $20). Plus I do indeed have a reseller's license, so once you figure in not having to pay tax, the bundle was a hair over $10 more than the non-bundle. Also, I saw at least two people in line there that were at Target the night before (but they only got the core systems at Target, because they weren't willing to wait in the cold as long as my wife and I).

Now, I have sold two and still have two left. I'd like to keep at least one for myself, but I keep looking at ebay, and the prices they're going for, and I'd be an idiot if I didn't sell both for as much as I could. I can keep one, play the one or two games that are out that I like from now until Christmas, or I can sell, make several hundred bucks, and buy one right after Christmas and enjoy the same games plus a few new ones that will be coming out soon. I think it would be greedy AND selfish of me to KEEP the Xbox 360 right now, since I could sell it and use the money for more Christmas presents, or a nice mini-vacation for me and my wife, pay off some bills, etc., and STILL have enough $$$ to buy another one after the shortage is over.

BTW, on BF I did buy several items that I MAY resell later. The main reason I bought the items I did was because the deal was too good to pass up. I figured I'd either give them as Christmas gifts, keep for ourselves, or resell them and buy something else for gifts. The REAL injustice is IHOP charging over $8 for five cups of hot chocolate (we shared)! I got two of the $150 desktops, one I might keep for myself (to replace a 933MHz P3 that serves as our home pbx), or I may give to my younger brother and sister. One laptop that I will probably sell though I could give it to my dad. One portable dvd player that my wife will get (don't tell her, I told her they were sold out). One carpet cleaner that we'll keep. One Roomba Discovery that I want to keep, but we have an older one plus they're selling nicely on ebay (I'll probably keep it though).

I guess what I'm saying, is I think it's fine for people to buy and resell, as long as they don't hoard (filling up a buggy with dvd players or whatever kid's toy is popular this year is hoarding). Plus I'm sure a lot of the people selling on ebay didn't originally plan to, but it's hard to not sell that $5 toy for $50; you can use that to buy your kid some nicer presents AND have money left over to buy that toy after Christmas. Also, some people would rather just wait until the day after and buy on ebay instead of fighting the crowds and getting frostbite. Their time is worth more than ours.

The only reason my kids have the gamecube is because one year I won about 20 games so I broke down and bought them the GC so they could play all the games I won

I mean $$$ (oops sorry). I love games. I meant that the company makes a mint off off the games themselves and not the system so much. To ream us for the system sucks!

I did wait in line for one . For almost 6 hours only to find out that the first 3 poeple were going to get them all. Is that fair. I dont think so. I dont blame the people I blame Best buy for not limitiing them to one per person :mad:

I agree. There should have been a limit to one per person.

And it was sweet of you doing that for people All2tired. :gd_pineap

I agree. The people handing out the vouchers should have been better supervised.Most of the employees handing them out were just kids and prob temps at that.Walking down a line of 300+,cold,tired,hungry,sleepdeprived and someangry at the world people at 4am can be intimidating. especialy knowing whats going to happen when they get to the last voucher. Heck if I was 16, 110 lbs. Iwould toss em in the air and run with no security!

Walking down a line of 300+,cold,tired,hungry,sleepdeprived and someangry at the world people at 4am can be intimidating. especialy knowing whats going to happen when they get to the last voucher. Heck if I was 16, 110 lbs. Iwould toss em in the air and run with no security!

:D Sorry.. I was getting a visual. :D

You have to feel sorry for them poor kids though.. that's a good point.