I'm so disappointed in people

Guest all2tired

Guest all2tired

Yesterday, I sold 3 members of Gottadeal the dolls they were unable to get for their daughters. I sold them for what I paid. I wasn't looking to make anything from it. I had extras and instead of returning them to the store, I sold them to others that wanted them. Anyway, I just went to ebay and these ebayers are selling those dolls starting at $15 and buy it nows for $39. I'm sorry but I know that people want to make money but I find it a disgrace.

I'm sure that most of these people selling on ebay got the dolls on BF for $10 like I did and to sell it to a desperate parent for $39 buy it now is just disgusting. I know that nobody is forcing anybody to buy the stuff and the ebayers can do whatever they want with their stuff but to take advantage of others especially during the holiday season just disgusts me.:gd_soapbo

Yesterday, I sold 3 members of Gottadeal the dolls they were unable to get for their daughters. I sold them for what I paid. I wasn't looking to make anything from it. I had extras and instead of returning them to the store, I sold them to others that wanted them. Anyway, I just went to ebay and these ebayers are selling those dolls starting at $15 and buy it nows for $39. I'm sorry but I know that people want to make money but I find it a disgrace.

I'm sure that most of these people selling on ebay got the dolls on BF for $10 like I did and to sell it to a desperate parent for $39 buy it now is just disgusting. I know that nobody is forcing anybody to buy the stuff and the ebayers can do whatever they want with their stuff but to take advantage of others especially during the holiday season just disgusts me.:gd_soapbo

Capitalism at it's best. Do you blame the store because they jack up the price after they buy them wholesale?

I see where you are coming from, but it isn't worth getting mad over. Just feel good for the good deed that you did. :)

Maybe you can look at it this way...

Some people are unable to get to a store to buy the items. Maybe they are disabled, sick, or out in the middle of nowhere.

Even though they pay a higher price they are thankful to be able to have EBAY as a resource.

Some people do have money and don't care what it costs. They prefer to have others "shop" for them.

I hope that can make you see things a little differently.

Guest all2tired
Not really, I'm disabled and managed to get to the store. granted I made deals with other shoppers. I'll get you the CPB if you get me this. I guess I could look at it a different way but I still think it's a disgrace to profit from somebody's misfortune.

No offense, but something is worth whatever someone will pay for it. If someone buys a doll for $40...its worth $40. Plain and simple, supply and demand is a part of what makes America great. Choices are all anything comes down to.

I bet atleast 30% of the people who made doorbuster computer purchases or were planning to but were unable to get them are or were going to resell them locally or via ebay.

I did, I waited at BestBuy for 5.5 hours and I thought of it as a job. If I make $500, I get $100 an hour, score for me.

Well, you can also look at it this way- some people didn't want to battle the crowds on BF so they didn't bother going (silly people! lol) so it is worth it to them to just buy it off ebay. An item on ebay can only go as high as a bidder lets it. Doesn't exactly make it better but, it's another way to look at it.

I think it's great that you hooked a few GDers up with BF prices on items they weren't able to get. It was nice of you and the type of favor I'd expect to see one friend do for another (which makes it extra nice of you because I'm assuming you don't know these GDers).

At the same time, people don't go into business to lose money or to break even. They go into business to make a profit and put food on their table, etc. I see no problem whatsoever with listing items on ebay for profit. It's how many people make a living, how a lot of SAHMs supplement the family income--an ebay home business--and many other people sell a few items here and there to earn money for Christmas gifts, etc.

Nobody is forcing anyone to spend their money on these toys on ebay. If you are willing to pay it, great. Go ahead. If you're not, then don't bid. If nobody bids, a message is sent to the seller that the price is too high. Etc. That's how doing business works, whether it's selling a burrito at Taco Bell, a multi-million-dollar home in Malibu, or a Cabbage Patch Kid on ebay. What you refer to as "greed" is what motivates people to work. People don't go to work for the good feeling it gives them or to do their boss a favor--they go to work to get a paycheck. Otherwise they'd go volunteer their time somewhere else or stay home. Greed is a GOOD thing, at least in this respect.

JMHO.

I totally agree with selling on eBay. I sometimes sell the dolls I make on there. I just think it's different to go to WM on BF buy a buggy full of CPK dolls for $10 each and sell them on eBay. What about the people in the store who had waited for hours and maybe they can't afford to pay full price, and didn't get one because of the people buying alot of them to sell on eBay.

Guest all2tired

I think it's great that you hooked a few GDers up with BF prices on items they weren't able to get. It was nice of you and the type of favor I'd expect to see one friend do for another (which makes it extra nice of you because I'm assuming you don't know these GDers).

At the same time, people don't go into business to lose money or to break even. They go into business to make a profit and put food on their table, etc. I see no problem whatsoever with listing items on ebay for profit. It's how many people make a living, how a lot of SAHMs supplement the family income--an ebay home business--and many other people sell a few items here and there to earn money for Christmas gifts, etc.

Nobody is forcing anyone to spend their money on these toys on ebay. If you are willing to pay it, great. Go ahead. If you're not, then don't bid. If nobody bids, a message is sent to the seller that the price is too high. Etc. That's how doing business works, whether it's selling a burrito at Taco Bell, a multi-million-dollar home in Malibu, or a Cabbage Patch Kid on ebay. What you refer to as "greed" is what motivates people to work. People don't go to work for the good feeling it gives them or to do their boss a favor--they go to work to get a paycheck. Otherwise they'd go volunteer their time somewhere else or stay home. Greed is a GOOD thing, at least in this respect.

JMHO.

Thank you and no I don't know any of the members that I sold them too. I also know what you are saying, I said basically the same thing in my original post but a little bit of an editted version LOL

And no offense to you or anything that you said but I consider myself a good person and I'd rather be struggling and be able to help somebody out than to make money off of their misfortune. When I told my group about my shopping adventure yesterday and then mentioned that I sold the 3 dolls for the same price I paid. Somebody replied asking why I didn't sell it on ebay and my reply to that was because I'm a nice person. I'm sure you noticed yourself that it's the people that have nothing that give the most. Wow I better get off of my soapbox. I understand everything that everybody is saying though, i really do but knowing the way I am, I take offense to the way others take advantage. JMO

Guest all2tired

What is wrong with it? I can't make money? Its simple supply and demand. If someone wanted a desktop for $150 they should have waited in line for one.

Maybe they did but were behind a bunch of ebayers buying multiples

I can totally understand if someone bought as many as they could just to sell and others were left out. Buying 1 and selling it for profit is not taking advantage at all, its not. Again, if the doll wasn't worth $40 to someone, they wouldn't pay for it.

Yes what you are saying is true. But in life there is always Good VS Evil. I guess with "things" I don't get upset about that.

If I think about the dolls that were made I might be more inclined to be upset that quite possibly these dolls were made by people that are very poor in a third world country. The person that made that doll might have gotten 1/2cent for doing so.

The coporation that sets the price for the doll is exploiting workers for our enjoyment.

You can go on and on.....Life is not fair, that is true. Some of us are like you. I also do not sell on EBAY. I would prefer to donate items even if they sell them to make a profit to put food on there table.

I figure it does come out in the wash, at the end of the day.

JMHO.

Um, scuse me. I have an issue with that statement. Where else in the whole world would you pick up a x box 360? If it weren't for the greedy, I could still walk into a store and buy those, last time I looked there was over 10,000 of those on ebay. The point of this thread is basically the same thing, if the greedy did not hit the bf ad's to sell on ebay, alot more kiddos would see more items on their wish list under the tree. :mad:

I can totally understand if someone bought as many as they could just to sell and others were left out. Buying 1 and selling it for profit is not taking advantage at all, its not. Again, if the doll wasn't worth $40 to someone, they wouldn't pay for it.

You are right, if someone stood in line and bought ONE and wanted to sell it, that's a good idea. I don't have a problem with that at all. I think we are talking about two different situations. I think that buying a large quanity of the dolls and selling them on eBay is greedy. I have no problem with what you are talking about.JMO

You are right, if someone stood in line and bought ONE and wanted to sell it, that's a good idea. I don't have a problem with that at all. I think we are talking about two different situations. I think that buying a large quanity of the dolls and selling them on eBay is greedy. I have no problem with what you are talking about.JMO

I agree

I am fine with people selling stuff on ebay. It does kind of tick me off that

they snagged all the laptops and there are 100's of them on there now.

I don't stand in the cold for 6+ hours, so I guess they should make

something for their time.

I do think however, someone acting like they need it for a gift for a child

and turning around and selling it on ebay is TOTALLY WRONG.

You should not be the "wholeseller" they are getting their product from

because you are a nice person.

It makes you not really want to do that type of thing again and someone

in the future might have really wanted something you got. You will be

soured from this experience.

Um, scuse me. I have an issue with that statement. Where else in the whole world would you pick up a x box 360? If it weren't for the greedy, I could still walk into a store and buy those, last time I looked there was over 10,000 of those on ebay. The point of this thread is basically the same thing, if the greedy did not hit the bf ad's to sell on ebay, alot more kiddos would see more items on their wish list under the tree. :mad:

Sorry Jill, but if someone pays $1500 for an Xbox, its worth $1500 to them. Maybe not worth $1500 to you, but that is not the point. Also, I got my details together before Xbox launch went live, not one store allowed more than 1 xbox per customer.

Guest general41391
I hate people who go and get the deals and sell the stuff for double, triple (sometimes even more) than what they paid, when there was people waiting for hours to get an item.