Is everyone's WalMart like mine?

taegan

WalMart was so unorganized. Of course, we didn't get there until right at 5 a.m. (Yes, my baby isn't getting a newborn CPK). But the lines were horrible and people were rude and crazy. I saw a lady with 3 carts of just CareBears and Cabbage Patch Kids. We just ended up leaving. We had much better luck at Toys R Us and Target. The lines were loooong, but we put my niece line with the cart and shopped while she stood in line. I like that Target doesn't put everything out and let ppl have a free-for-all.

Overall I had a good time....except for my sister complaining. I think I'll have to find a new buddy next year :)

TaesMomma!

I don't know....but she wasn't about to relinquish one of them. I could understand cops in the electronics aisle, but we had cops in the toys. Two guys got in a fist fight over the last 3 Cabbage Patch kids. I went back to WalMart today and paid full price for a Cabbage Patch Baby. Tae will never know the difference :)

i think walmart's major flaw (the one i went to anyway, & a few others in my area) was that the toys & electronics sections are right next to each other...they should have put the pallets with the hot items in an aise in the clothing or housewares sections, which were mostly empty

My walmart does this, electonics items are in fabrics toys are on the other side of the store. Doesn't help a bit. The place was an insane madhouse yesterday!

Our walmart is not a supercenter, and it's fairly small, so there weren't as many people there (of course, not as many items either LOL). I had to go back at about 8:30pm lastnight to get some things for the tree that we lost and they still had some care bears, cabbage patch newborns, little people sets, etc. The only thing they didn't have is a lot of the electronics.

There's no WalMart where I live, but there are 6 within an hour in any direction. When we didn't find a Cabbage Patch Newborn I called my husband and had him check at 2 of the smaller WalMarts on his way to work....they said they had sold out within 5 minutes.

I had good and bad experiences at WM yesterday. And suprisingly, none of the bad was their fault. Your WM sounds like mine every year up until this one. I have been so disappointed with them in the past. This year they had it all together. At our WM the people who came in between 4:45 and 5am were not like you at all.lol They ran in there, shoving, cussing, and grabbing. We had been there all night waiting in line for the laptop. Nothing got ripped into, all of the items were still on pallets and ready for 5am. But when they came in they turned it into a free for all. I know exactly what you are talking about because in the past our WM has put the pallets out uncovered and people got the items as they came in and most of the time by 6am( that's when the sale has always started in the past) everything was gone already.) That was the cause of alot of problems. I know that BF is when most of the firemen, paramedics, and shelters do their shopping for their charities here, so we know they have alot of the same items in their carts. But if that lady was just being greedy and hoarding all of the Care Bears and CPK babies, she should be ashamed. I'm sorry that people acted like that but I'm glad your DD will be getting one anyway. I hope your WM learns from their mistakes this year. I know it took our's long enough. Maybe next year will be better for you.

Our Walmart was great this year. We got there at about 3am and located everything we needed (mostly). The only thing we could not find was the mp3 player (Phillips 2gb for $100). Everyone kept saying it was in electronics behind the counter, but the guy working that counter kept telling me it was not there -- just the Game-Boy Advanced and some phones. Finally I just parked myself in his line and told him I was going to stay there until someone figured out where they really were. He left the counter, tracked down the store manager and found out that they were supposed to be at his counter but were still locked up in the security office -- finally at 13 mins until 5am they brought out the players (which they only had 3). Charlie (the guy working) made sure I got one of them (he knew I'd been there since 3am). Walmart would not let you take anything off the pallets until 5 -- they had security around all the products, so everyone lined up by what they wanted. We got out of Walmart at 6:00am -- but this was not because of long lines at the registers -- we walked around to see what was left. We didn't have to wait to check out -- and when we got outside the parking lot was pretty much empty. Great job by our Walmart - I was very impressed.

Guest all2tired

I got to my WM around 3:45, found the things I wanted, made agreements with other people to get what I wanted in exchange for getting what they wanted. Without having to move one foot away from the cabbage patch newborn's, I had my shopping completely done thanks to the other shoppers.

Was also back home by 5:30 am

I have to say I am sorry for all the bad experiences. I love my WM. First of all they did not close at all. So you could get there as early as you want and stay warm inside. I got there at 4 and they would let you get all the toys in your cart before 5. But that was good because I got those toys items like the cpk and the care bears and then I could go stand by the electronics I needed. Of course they made several annoucements about the laptops stating there was only 20 but there was still a huge ling. I did not need one. But it was very organizes and everyone was pretty much under control. The associates were helpful. But I am sure as the early shoppers moved in it got bad I was out by 5:15 and it was still pretty calm.

I am sooo glad we didn't go to Walmart. I really wanted to at first but am glad I didn't! We went on BF about 2 years ago and it was unbelievable! People were just NUTS! Climbing on top of displays, throwing things, pushing people, grabbing stuff out of others baskets, etc!

I got to my local WM at 3:00 and got in was the 18th person in line for the HP laptop. They had 25 and I'd say by 3:45 there were already about 30 people in line. A WM employee came through the line and counted out the first 25 and told us that anyone after the 25th person would be out of luck. He and the other shopper tried to let people know they were wasting there time, but they wouldn't here it. I would say about 25 extra people waited in line for over an hour for no reason. Why don't people listen? If a WM employee told me I had no hope of getting the item I would move on to the next thing on my list and hopefully have a chance at that. Oh well. Everything was pretty calm in our line and it only got a little crazy right at 5:00 and we were trying to get out of our line and on to the next section. The toy isle was CRAZY!!! The rest of the store was fine, but they had the Care Bears and CPK right near the entrance and all the people trying to get those and then all the people trying to get into the store were just forming one big traffic block. I put my items on layaway and had to wait about 45 minutes, but they had it roped off in a single file line so it was not so bad. All in all it was a great morning. I didn't see any fights or even arguments. I managed to get the laptop, HP desktop, portable dvd player, dvds, and a few other small items and was in layaway line by 5:30. :g_dance:

i actually had a good wal mart experience....i did CC first and target and discovered upon exiting CC that i had a nail in my tire and was losing air so went to wal mart and got it fixed while we shopped...we were in there over an hour moslty in toys and junk they had TONS of CPK and were still 40-50 of them there today when i went by

they also had plenty of little people noah sets but not the zoos which was fine the zoo they have now is waaay better....they did say it was like a zoo in the early am when they had the electronics etc but all in all it was very pleasant

Our wm was crazy as usual, no organization, no reasoning in locations of items. The dvd's were in the men's clothing section, the tables with them on it were getting knocked over. I didn't go to electronics, but you could hear the people fighting across the whole store. I was there by 3, and of course the line in front of me had doubled before the doors opened and a big group of about 50 'cutters' thought they were just going to merge into line with us. But I got my deals...I always expect craziness..so I guess no real complaints.

My Wal*Mart experience was good also. My mom and I left at 4am. Debated on going to the next town (10 miles) to the SuperCenter or staying in our town and going to the smaller one. We stayed in town because there was only about 10 people in line and I wasnt after the laptops or anything. I was the first person to reach the care bears (and got the 5 I needed) and the first to the CP newborns. (and only took 1)

I"m sure it was alittle crazy over at the electronics but I wasnt near it so I dont know how nuts the people went. LOL most of the people in line knew each other (its a REALLY small town) so its kind of hard to push and shove/beat up etc your old high school counselor. LOL

I went to WM last night. It was a disaster area, Things thrown all over the place. Wagons filled with returns sitting there. Items strewn all over. Went to target and it had areas that were a mess most especially the toys but there were about 7 employees in the area fixing the shelves.

I am sooo glad we didn't go to Walmart. I really wanted to at first but am glad I didn't! We went on BF about 2 years ago and it was unbelievable! People were just NUTS! Climbing on top of displays, throwing things, pushing people, grabbing stuff out of others baskets, etc!

That sounds like my Walmart :eek: :eek: :eek: I decided to wait and go to Walmart later (around 8 AM). I got everything I went for including the Baby Cabbage Patch dolls (the toy dept. staff was gathering all the misplaced dolls and put them right on a pallet in front of me while I was standing there!) :banana01: :banana01: :banana01:

Sounds like all Walmarts need to get their :curse: together, all of em sound about the same including mine. I stood in Gameboy line for 2 hours watching these employees take pallets to weird places thru out the store, like electronics to grocery. I was just standing there thinking they could be so much better organized all the employees gave the impression they had no idea whats going where. Even lady in electronics wasnt sure if they had gotten any gameboys or if they were even going to be in electronics if they did bring em out. :2bat: They finally did bring a buggy TO ELECTRONICS 10 minutes till 5................Whew I woulda been hot:fryingpan if they ended up across the store and I had been standing there for 2 hours.

Planning out in advance.

Making maps from planning it out on advance.

Make everyone in lines stand in single file line, instead of all over the place untill items are released.

Knowing answers to questions when asked.

Alot of common sense things they could do around this time to make it go easier.