how much $$ per kid ??

mommie75

Guest general41391

my aunt always spends a lot on me (like close to $100 if not more)

we have to have a seperate xmas because she does not want the rest of the family to know! LOL

The past two years, I spent around $500 each year. (But, we always dig through and donate all the toys she outgrew, so, it's pretty much replacing toys)

This year, totally different. I spent maybe $75 cash (hit many sales, so stretched it way far) (and about $275 with "earned" amazon GCs I got throughout the year.)

Hope to make it a trend..LoL.

Me and hubby try to spend about 200 to 250 on each kid (we have 3 Zachary 7, Ariel 3, And Bryan 19 months) We give all of them the same amount of gifts but we also try to spend the same amount which is getting hard since the oldest wants $50 games this year but so far we have managed LOL

we only have 1, so I would say prob around 500 - 750. just depends on what is on his wish list, as he will be getting the laptop from CC this year so he want use mine anymore. last year he got a dirt bike because I found a great deal on a used one. he is 10 & yes the items he wants now are getting alot higher in price.

my kids are 19 and 29 mos and im guestimating about 200 per kid including everything i got from amazon w/ gc's i earned there and i think i actually spent more of the amazon money on my dh this year than on the toys.....and im done....no more buying till next christmas as i have stuff set aside for each of their next birthdays from the sales etc....they will each get one "big" deal and then multiple smaller things in their stockings and wrapped either from santa or from us...

my mom always went overboard for christmas and b days and i have done too much i fear as well i dont want them to come to me in ten years feeling entitled to a laptop or an ipod. it made me ill to see the guy who got two laptops in front of me at CC when he said one was for his 6 yo....but then some rules i plan for my kids are pretty dark ages....phones and tvs in their rooms when they can pay for them themselves. no car unless they help their dad rebuild one and earn it with their sweat equity and earn their insurance from me by keeping up their gpa.

i just dont get some of it....the technology we have is great and a wonderful thing but at the same time i dont want them to be so connected electronically that they dont appreciate the world around us and the fact that there are people who dont have anything....

Well this year I've only spent $150 on DD and I feel like I've gotten her a lot (11 gifts. 2 big gifts). Other years I've bought the same amount of gifts and spent so much more. But I never looked for great deals before. I bought mainly at walmart and didn't pay attention to sales. I stretched my $ big time this time. I'm sure I could have done better though with some extra planning. I bought more of what I thought she would like and what she wanted instead of paying attention to the amount of cash or items. I do have one thing left to get and that is a skydancer, but I think i'm going to let other family members know that is what she wants and see if they'll get it for her. I honestly don't even want to go near another toy store/dept until her birthday rolls around lol

Oh my.

I am close to $1500 for my 3 kids- ages 17,16 and 13.

I did get big ticket items though- a computer, tv, and dvd/vcr recorder. And I am not done yet :rolleyes:

This is not normal either. I usually use a $1000 christmas club for the 3, but we had a little extra money this year.

The older they get, the more expensive it gets :bigcry:

Jodi

well...we have three kids ages 13 months, 4 1/2, and 10....we said we were only going to spend about 200 per child (except the 13 month old) and we have already spent that and still have several more things to get them so it looks like it will be closer to 300 -350 each (for the older two)....

After reading everyone's post, I know I am just sick. I can say I spend about 400 to 500 per child and I have three. Than Santa this year is bring the boys ATV's which I got for about 700.00 each and than my daughter is getting about the same amount from Santa but in a different form. She is getting riding lessons as a form of a gift certificate with new bedroom stuff.

Im going to estimate $250 x6. Really try to get what they ask for since having to be told No all thru the year. Older 3 are starting to ask for electronic things so Im sure the years to come there quanity of gifts will lessen as I will pay more money for them, but as age goes on they will have to accept it.

Guest cantweshare
It's looking like about $250 each plus stocking. Every year I start to feel guilty that it's way too much, but I just LOVE playing Santa. I have friends who limit the gift giving to 3 things or just books and crayons and stuff (not for financial reasons but because they don't want their kids to grow up greedy), but I just can't. :2roller:

Honestly- I feel alittle awkward posting it- but I'm in the $700-900 range for my my son. I can say. We can afford it so why not. We give plenty to charity and save plenty too. We also pay cash- and don't have a single credit card. Just wanted to add it wasn't always this way. We were very poor- had to roll change to buy milk- for many years. Sometimes I think it's a way to overcompensate for those first 5-6 years we were married.

This does include usually 4-5 PS2 games at $50 a pop right there. Then it will also include a new winter coat, boots, hat, ect.... as well as new sneakers and clothing. So, realistically it doesn't go very far.

Ironically my sister and I just had this conversation the other day. We are suprised at how people are all over the board in what they spend. I only have 1 neice and 1 nephew and I just cut them back from $175 to $125 each this year. As well as my husband and my exchange from $500 each to $300 each.

We are hoping to buy a new house in about 3-4 years when DS is a senior in high school. So, after that it will be considerably less.

Christmas is a magical time for children so I get my kids everything they ask for. They are not spoiled all year long just one day in December when they are rewarded for being good all year long. My family is not rich, my husband is a costodian and I am a part time waitress and fulltime student. I save a little bit of money all year long so that I can splurge on them now. And they will get roughly the same amount of stuff each so that they do not think that one of them is better than the other one. They are too young to know the difference.

This year we 5 children to buy santa and under tree presents. But we have to limit it to 250 a kid. But we did a good job this year. We found alot of Buy one get one items and some great clearance items from amazon. So I am really happy. I hope they like what they get.

The past two years, I spent around $500 each year. (But, we always dig through and donate all the toys she outgrew, so, it's pretty much replacing toys)

This year, totally different. I spent maybe $75 cash (hit many sales, so stretched it way far) (and about $275 with "earned" amazon GCs I got throughout the year.)

Hope to make it a trend..LoL.

Any tips on the earned gc's?

Im going to estimate $250 x6. Really try to get what they ask for since having to be told No all thru the year. Older 3 are starting to ask for electronic things so Im sure the years to come there quanity of gifts will lessen as I will pay more money for them, but as age goes on they will have to accept it.

Gee how do you do that? Tell them No??? I wanna be like you!!! I try but I am a pushover and I think Christmas would be a lot more fun if I could just stick to my guns.

Hi! I spend about $500.00 on my only child she is 3. I spend about $1000.00 each on the 3 guys in my life. My 2 brothers and husband. Got My DD a Cinderella Pontiac Solstace Ride On Battery Operated Car and lots of other stuff. Got her the complete line of Littlest Pet shop which I am excited to play with!!! Got Brother # 1 a Laptop, DVD's, CD's,Stuff for his Kitchen (He loves to cook), Drunken Monkey Clothes etc. Brother # 2 got an Ipod Nano, Vick Jersey, Clothes, Cool Water Deep, PS2 Games etc. Hubby Got a 60GB Video Ipod, Bose Headphones, IPod Alarm Dock, Lots of DVDs, CD's, Sweatshirts, PS2 Games, some MOnster Cables and more. I spoil these 4 people. They are my only family I splurge on:tongue1: :tongue1:

We don't go by setting a dollar limit on each child, but make sure they have about the same amount of gifts to open. It just seems more "fair" this way I guess and it works for us! :D

We do the same too! My kids are at the ages now that they know exactly just how many gifts they have and how many the other has. ;)

We just try to keep it even on both planes. If one gets a big gift, they all get a big gift. If one gets an expensive gift, they all get an expensive gift. We actually figured out a good way to do this. We buy one gift for each of them at a time. They all match in a way. Example, a $20 gaming accessory for our son, a $20 smores maker for older daughter, and a $20 zebra rug for the youngest daughter. And so on. It works out pretty good.