how much do you spend per kid

mommie75

i have 4 kids twins 8 a 6 year old and a 2 year old.. and i am having trouble making a choice on how much to spend...

as of right know i shop all year long so i always have lots of stuff put away.. i went yest bf and put lots on lay a way ,. but having trouble deciding what to give them and what not to give them.. right know they have about 200.00 a peice for to older about 150 for 6 year old and about 130 for 2 year old...

but almost works out to the same amount of gifts little guy will be short couple or many depends on how i wrap the ps2 game,, the older ones have 6 a peice of those put away and but if i wrap 3 toghter then 3 big guys will have like 14 present and little guy 11

ask hubby he said just give them everything and start over for never year..

but i think that 200-250 a kid is little much plus stockings..

but we do not buy kids stuff all year x mas and b day is about the only time they really get any kind of new stuff in less they need it.. i only buy them cloths on clearnce and put them away for next season.. so shoes sock, undies and stuff for school is about all they get all year..

what do you think???

i only have two kids and i never had a price in mind on what to spend but i always got them the same ammount of gifts and the total sum of all gifts for each child came out to the same ammount of money.if i get something big,,playstation,,x box,, i always gave it to them together. it said on tv that even 9 year olds are into electronics so buy each of the older ones like an ipod or something,they are under 100 at radio shack and best buy and some grown up stuff.grown up stuff i mean like maybe a digital camera at office depot for 19.98 computer stuff,the little one could be easy.you could do an electronics christmas and altogether spend under 300 for all three

Guest all2tired
I make sure they get equal amounts of gifts. My kids don't understand yet what things cost so they don't say hey you spent more money on her or him but they will say why did he or she get more presents than me

I probably spend about 500-600 for my oldest - 14 year old boys stuff is much more expensive than my 8 year old daughter's, but my daughter's stuff, I can usually get on BF- I got the Barbie fashion mall for 30 dollars (regularly 100). She probably gets around 300. My 11 year old son is the gamer, so his stuff is closer to 500.

I spent more this year than in years past, mostly due to the fact that I've been budgeting and have a part time job. I'd say I'll spend around $600 for each child, I have three. It seems like a lot to me, but I've really cut out buying them stuff the rest of the year, except for birthdays.