Fry's Stories(burbank)

iggypop123

I went to the one in Houston and I must say I was impressed. We have a HUGE store and when I got there at 450 the line was wrapped completley around the store for the most part. When I got in I got just about everything I wanted.. but I was mainly going for the LCD tvs and hard drives and such. And the line to check out was HUGE.. and I went through it in like 10 minutes. They had 75 registers open... You cant beat that!

At Fishers, IN there were 350 in line. The $400 laptops sold out quickly (all 50 sold in the first 5 minutes, one store employee in that department said), as did the $99 barebones linux boxes. (even though they have a much better computer for ~$110 if you get half the parts today, and half the parts tomorrow. $30 ultra quiet case, FAR 80GB hard drive, $10 512MB ram from tigerdirect, $70 Sempron 2800 /w mobo combo from tomorrow's ad)

I didn't bother going early for the super doorbusters ($10 microwaves?? LCD DVD players cheaper than walmart? Are they trying to cause a mob?) I got there later and got the parts I needed for the mythtv box and server. I will go again tomorrow and get the motherboard/cpu combo.

I went to the one in Fountain Valley around 7am. Bumper to bumper just trying to get into the parking lot itself. the $350 laptop was gone. the washer/dryers ($297) was gone, so that sucked as well. I got a ticket for another laptop though, but the line was a 3 hour line just to pay for it. Eek! I left since the laptop wasn't even on sale. LoL.

Maybe they will have a good sale around December...*crosses fingers*

I didnt go in the AM to the City of Industry,CA Fry's but since it right of an OFF RAMP, I heard that people got so desperate for parking they were parking on the emergency lane of the Freeway. It even made it in the tribune.

I saw that on the news too. They were towing cars. Sucked for those people! I've been to that Fry's and it's sorta in middle of nowhere with not much around there. So there aren't really many places like side streets to park at.