I will never again go to Walmart with all the crazy's!!!

Mugglemom

I was really afraid for my life! We arrived at about 4:00 and were about 200th in line. Which was fine for me, I was only there for the Care Bears, Cabbage Patch Newborn, and the Barbie Mermaids. I figured everyone was ther for the electronics, so I didn't think I had to worry.....

First...I have to give props to Walmart. At about 15 minutes till 5:00, about 100 people started trying to bum rush the door without waiting in line. They lined up abot 200 shopping carts and blocked the entrance telling the losers that they had to wait like everyone else. It was a BEAUTIFUL THING! Especially because we were frozen and they were all warm and toasty from waiting in their cars! However, things drastically went downhill. None of the toys were in the toy dept., they were all down the main aisle that EVERYONE uses. Stupid. So, basically, there are about 300 people, with carts, trying to go every which way. So we tried to cut through the women's dept. just to go to the cashier to check out. Wrong. They stacked up TV's all over the place so that there was only one way in and one way out. Utter chaos.

And to top it off, in the middle of this, trying to find our way out, we hear people screaming and carrying on. Shouting, it was like witnessing the floor of the stock exchange. They were waving money, screaming at everyone. It was scary. Finally, we made our way out and here come the cops, storming the store. I don't think anyone was hurt, but there were so many people screaming, I don't know what actually happened.

What is wrong with people? You won't find me there next year, no way.

My experience at Walmart this morning was quite pleasant also. I didn't care to try to get the computers though......you do get what you pay for. Our Walmart is a 24 hour superWalmart and the doors were open all night. I arrived at about 4:30 am and it wasn't too busy yet. People came in and found the pallets with the items they wanted and at 5am, the employees cut the paper away and everyone grabbed whatever they wanted. I did not hear any screaming or fighting while in the store. There were several pallets of the care bears and the cabbage patch dollies to choose from. They even had 3 of the big tv's still left on the floor when I left around 5:30am. Overall the BF experience here was great.

Our Walmart is a 24 hour superWalmart and the doors were open all night. People came in and found the pallets with the items they wanted and at 5am, the employees cut the paper away and everyone grabbed whatever they wanted. I did not hear any screaming or fighting while in the store. There were several pallets of the care bears and the cabbage patch dollies to choose from. Overall the BF experience here was great.

I wholeheartedly agree - I was right in between one of the pallets of Care Bears and Cabbage Patch newborns (there was another pallet of Care Bears behind me and another of the Cabbage Patch about 100 feet down). Everyone was very courteous and there were several people near the front that were still there when I left handing items towards the back to people who couldn't quite reach the pallet.

However, that said, I overheard one of the women talking to a relative who had gone to our other Walmart Supercenter and apparently over there, customers started ripping into the pallets early, fights broke out, and the police were arresting people :eyepoppin Glad to know I made the right choice for which store to go to!

after doing the wal mart thing I love it, if the supercenter remains opened all night, I survey the area, and plan my strategy, kind of like war games. Not all wal marts are good for this though, but in our store all the pallets were marked with their contents... they were not wrapped in black, it was merely cardboard covering with stickers displaying what the items were... employees were guarding all key items and individual lines formed for the bigger items (laptops, mp3 players, and computer systems were all behind counters handed out by associates) nothing was ripped into, and there were security guards in the parking lot too... I know where I'm going next year... I found a supercenter that has it's act together.