Question about Target debit card....

When you sign up for a Target debit card is there a limit in the beginning? There is a pool that I want to get that is $699.99 and I thought it would be great to sign up for the debit card so I can get the 5% discount but I wasn't sure if there would be a limit placed on the card in the beginning. I have more than enough in my checking account to cover the cost of the pool but I didn't know if Target would set a generic limit or if it would be based off of my checking account. Thanks for the help and hopefully I didn't confuse y'all too much :P

My debit card doesn't have a limit, other than what is in that account, and with overdraft protection and my savings, it can go over that. I don't have the target card, but I am sure if you call them they can tell you. I bought an iMac last year on the same day that I paid for my daughter's car with my debit card

I have a $1000 limit on my bank debit card but undoubtedly Target has their own unique limit that has nothing to do with my bank's policy. Did some checking around and Target doesn't have a "set" limit.....they just pull a number out of the air or something. My friend doesn't have a limit on her bank debit card but she only has a $300 limit on her Target debit card. UGH I really wanted that 5% off too! Dangit :(

It's worth checking into it to save that 5% on a huge purchase. I have made big purchases on my Target debit card but wasn't aware anyone had a limit as long as you had the money in your account. Now I'm curious. I love my target debit card. I shop at Target so much and didn't want the credit card but the debit card still get's me the 5% off and it's right out of my checking account. Good luck-hope you can get it. :)